Watch out for JoeDiverAmerica.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings again ...

Got back from Belize at 1:00 AM today, and just now received a phone call from Joe Diver, or at least someone, maybe not Mr. Diver himself. They said they had issues with their Internet provider during the period when I submitted my complaint, which I'm sure could have happened durning the heavy Web traffic of pre-Christmas.

We had a good conversation about contact issues, customer service, and the like, and have agreed to resolve the problem outside of a credit card charge-back. They understand they need to do some work to streamline paths of communication on their site, and plan to do so. Sounds like they're coming from the right place in wanting to reduce problems in the future.

This forum proved to be of use to them in highlighting the different pros & cons people posted around the issue. 'Nuff said ... everybody is happy.

Awesome... yet another issue ironed out on the Scuba Diving 800 pound Internet's Gorilla's turf. You have to love it! :D

Please let us know what happens

tremtech:
Please let us know what happens

We had a "defect" type issue with one of the items I got on the original order. Not Joe Diver's fault, obviously, but I've just sent them an e-mail reporting the issue. We'll see how the response goes ...

First place to always check BBB they have almost all information.

BBB is voluntary and paid for by the business. It is not a consumer advocacy organization by any means.

highdesert:
We had a "defect" type issue with one of the items I got on the original order. Not Joe Diver's fault, obviously, but I've just sent them an e-mail reporting the issue. We'll see how the response goes ...

So, Joe Diver is essentially holding new gear, to replace our defective item, hostage until I sign their release saying I will not pursue the Mastercard charge back, since they have credited me for the unshipped merchandise.

I suppose in practical terms that's all fine and dandy; I am, however, a bit disappointed that, after all I have been through with them, that they would essentially hold this over me. I think of that as a bit untrusting of their customer base, and certainly not conducive to mending a relationship.

I should also add that, after my initital phone conversation with them, where they said they were going to clarify communication lines on their web site, none of those changes were in place when I had to contact them about this "defect" issue. It was only through the posts egarding the original issue that I knew to search through their FAQ page to find a way to reach them.

In the end, I am sure it will all be resolved. I am not sure I would want to chance this again.

GeorgeC:
Scuba toys is the answer. For what it's worth I would never place an order on a website without having a phone number to call.

ScubaToys is "my" LDS. The store is 15 minutes from my house. I've purchased all my gear and training there. The folks are friendly and knowledgeable. They will not try to upsell you.

For instance, when I went to the store to look at their Mares Package (BC, reg, octo, computer), Joe (owner) suggested that I look at alternatives that are less expensive. For example, he had just dropped price the Aeris Pro reg from $400 to $200 to make room for the Aeris Pro 400 reg. So, I got a better reg than the Mares for less cost. Was he trying to move excess inventory? Of course. But, he could have made more profit by selling me the Mares than the Aeris. Based upon my experience int the ScubaToys OW class (NAUI), I've got a Zeagle Brigade BC on lay-a-way with them.

ScubaToys will pricematch. Period. I was looking at the Oceanic Veo 250 console. ScubaToys listed it at $588 or there abouts. I brought in an internet advert for $399. So, ScubaToys sold it to me for $399.

Yeah, ScubaToys is "my" LDS. I have no reason to go elsewhere.

they still have no contact numbers or a physical address. I would not do business with them regardless of how much they apologized or agreed to improve communications.
There are tons of e-commerce sites selling dive gear, all for about the same price. Service and reliability determine who to buy from; not "we are sorry, give us another chance".

I bought a complete package (BC, regs, and Gauges) from Joe Diver. I received everything fairly quickly as described and complete. However, the Dacor Rav BC ( new one), had a decent air leak in a seam. I sent it back to Joe Diver, then they in turn decided to sent it back to Dacor (Dacor "eventually" decided it was more cost effective to replace it, versus repairing it). So, I got another new BC sent to me that was fine. This whole process lasted 1 1/2 months, before I got a BC to use. I think that Joe Diver's prices are good, and since they are a Florida business (I also live near Orlando, and can drive to Ft Myers -their business location -if needed), I will possibly continue to do select item purchases from them. I was able to get them to send me their phone number, when I had the BC issue. That happened 2 years ago, and I can not find their number now..Good luck:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom