Watch out for JoeDiverAmerica.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well from over here half the world away it doesnt make me want to order thru joediver... not when i know ScubaToys are so approachable and contactable (heck, i even stalk them on their webcams :wink: )

maybe this is something JoeDiver needs to realize... retail & consumers are a BIG world these days and the keyboard can cost them money

i understand they operate as a e-commerce site but they are aware of the problem and public forum discussion about it so they should make doubley sure to fix up the problem and there seems to be total inaction

almitywife:
well from over here half the world away it doesnt make me want to order thru joediver... not when i know ScubaToys are so approachable and contactable (heck, i even stalk them on their webcams :wink: )

maybe this is something JoeDiver needs to realize... retail & consumers are a BIG world these days and the keyboard can cost them money

i understand they operate as a e-commerce site but they are aware of the problem and public forum discussion about it so they should make doubley sure to fix up the problem and there seems to be total inaction

"JoeDiver" is a real LDS. They started selling on e-bay when most manufacturers prohibited internet sales. That is why they have no real time contact info. This thead could encourage them to "go public".

mdb:
"JoeDiver" is a real LDS. They started selling on e-bay when most manufacturers prohibited internet sales. That is why they have no real time contact info. This thead could encourage them to "go public".

If they are a "real" LDS? then what is the name of their brick and mortor shop?

As for the phone number, I think most of us could care less if it was toll free or not. I'd say 90% of us have free long distance on our cell phones or have a "package plan" on our home phones for unlimited LD. The fact they don't publish any phone number so they don't have to talk to the customer is the issue.

mike_s:
If they are a "real" LDS? then what is the name of their brick and mortor shop?

Let Joe tell us. Might be good for his walk in trade as well.

Yes it might be useful to find where they arte located. I would avoid walking into the store too

dumpsterDiver:
Yes it might be useful to find where they arte located. I would avoid walking into the store too
:lol: that needed a coke warning i think

covediver:
I have read the thread and found it interesting that no one really asks if he went through a LDS first to try to get the items.
Why is it interesting? That's completely unrelated to the topic.

Damselfish:
Why is it interesting? That's completely unrelated to the topic.

I find it interesting on a number of different levels and it underlies the topic. but I don't want to provoke an exchange on that point.

The first is an indication of just how far e-commerce has come in a relatively short period of time. You may not recall the criticism the late magazine Skin Diver elicited because they accepted advertising from through the mail distributors. Many thought this was the worse thing that could happen to the mom and pop scuba retailer. Now, e-commerce merely elicits a second thought. In fact, when Skin Diver stopped accepting these ads, their ad revenue plummeted, a condition in part cited as the reason for their decline and demise.

The second is that those same mom and pop dive shops are no longer seen as having the right of first refusal when it comes to business, in that many of the people responding to this thread seem to appreciate the ability to go to the www for their selections.

Third is the acceptance of the mega-cyberstore that has everything when many folks hold brick and mortar cyberstores (aka, Sport Chalet in California) in a less esteemed light.

I could go on but won't. Thanks for asking.

Thank you everyone for your input in this thread. It was enlightening to hear everyone's viewpoint. I'm afraid I have to check out, on account of I gotta pack for Belize. I know, it's lousy duty, but somone has to do it!

Scuba toys is the answer.

There is no reason why a company should not provide great customer service. With prices being the same what else does a company have to differentiate themselves from the competition?

For what it's worth I would never place an order on a website without having a phone number to call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom