Was this the right choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diehl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to ask you guys if I made a good choice? With the economy the way it is this is the only way I can get the equipment I want. I deal with ebay all the time for other things and this guy which his rating is 100% had a brand new oasis with sherwood octo and guage up for auction I jumped on it. He only sells dive equipment. I know I won't have a warranty but in the pictures I think I do see the service rings? But I had him end the auction for $400 shipped. So I want to ask you guys what do I do when it comes to servicing and when it does come what can I check on it to make sure it is new?Sherwood Oasis pro scuba regulator/gauges/brand new - eBay (item 260458604832 end time Aug-11-09 18:38:37 PDT)

looks similar to the equipment used at my LDS for student rigs. they see a LOT of use and always work.

if you're not buying it new from your LDS, take it to your LDS and have it serviced, it's your life and the service cost is pretty cheap in comparison :wink:

not sure about the cost... heck, I don't remember what I paid for my Legend LX (probably a good thing that I don't) :)

Sherwoods are about the most bulletproof regs out there. Even if it's not new, it can be made like new just by simply servicing it. Parts are cheap, if it's not under warranty, free if there are any warranty rings left. This reg will probably NEVER let you down, no matter how badly you treat it. It's like a dog in that respect.

Seems like a pretty good deal. The same rig at LeisurePro would've been just over $700 w/no factory warranty either.

Thanks guys. This guy seems to sell these quite often. He told me it came from the shop and it is Brand New. with all warranty rings? Plus the sherwood Oasis is $360 at my LDS. So at least I know by doing this it will get me down where the Bugs are this season.:lotsalove:

You may already know this. The first stage on that Sherwood will emit a small stream of air bubbles. This is a "self-cleaning" feature, and equals about one breath of air per dive.

If you see those bubbles, nothing is broken.

Yes I knew that. I will still have my friend from work look at it he services all his own sherwoods and is a Divemaster. And I have 7 days to return it if I want. The only thing is there is no box or warranty cards. But thats OK.

I purchased all my regulators, with the exception of my Kirby Morgan stuff, used either through the newspaper (back before ebay) or on ebay. Just have the gear serviced or rebuilt and your good to go. I think my Sherwood Blizzard is close to 30 yrs old. Works fine. And I found out that Sherwood has parts to build them for Nitrox use too, which is extending the life of my old regulators.

Yes I knew that. I will still have my friend from work look at it he services all his own sherwoods and is a Divemaster. And I have 7 days to return it if I want. The only thing is there is no box or warranty cards. But thats OK.

Most warranties are for 1 year. I doubt that you would get any warranty work without a receipt showing the original sales date. Except for the manufacturers that provide free service parts if you keep the annual service up, a warranty is of no use after the first annual service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom