Suggestion Warning: Highjack Alert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Learner Diver

Learner Diver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Whenever a new contributor posts a thread in a designated forum, there are always one or two ghouls who purposely hijack the thread for their own perverted gratification and self-importance. Which doesn’t bother me the slightest. Yet, when these like-minded hypocrites’ post a thread and others post slightly off topic—which the OP finds offensive, guess who is the first to scream to the moderators? I’m not sure what entitlement some of you feel is owed or has been promised, but just take into consideration there are readers wanting to learn, which now leads me to ask whether Scubaboard can provide an emoji for when the forum is being polluted by numerous trolls wanting to derail the thread. Maybe you could have them listed as someone who continues to derail and hijack threads by placing a temporary emoji on their posts.

1721950140427.png

1721950170574.png

1721950205075.png

Considering you have mentioned and wholeheartedly embraced the philosophy

Although the term "stupidity" may seem derogatory, and insulting, it is actually a scientific concept that
refers to a specific type of cognitive failure. It's important to realise that stupidity is not simply a lack of
intelligence or knowledge, but rather a failure to use one's cognitive abilities effectively. This means that
you can, be “smart” while having a low IQ, or no expertise in anything. It is often said that “you can’t fix
stupid,” but that is not exactly true. By becoming aware of the limitations of our natural intelligence, or
our ignorance, we can adjust our reasoning, behaviour and decision-making, to account for any, all our
intellectual shortcomings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom