Warm water weenie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The LDS is haveing a sale after thanksgiving, I will get one then. Should I go with a titanium? Or is that all hype. There is a bodyglove excurtion 5mm it will be onsale for $140

natural:
84 and a 5 mil? 84 and I'm naked. Don't see how people can dive with anything more than a swim suit in 84+, but then that's me. Course there are those like, Lynne Cox, who swam the Berring Straits in just a bathing suit and cap! Not me - I almost froze swimming a tri. in a shorty-Farmer John suit in 51 degree water.

I dove in a swim suit a couple times. All it took was a few strings of fire getting on me and I was in my 1mm skin. By the 3rd dive I was in my shorty over my skin because the cumulative hypothermia was starting. 84 (29C) is still 14 (37C) degrees colder than normal body temp and spending any extended length of time in it can have its effects. :05:

The C temps are for bubblemonkeys benefit...:D

DTB1981:
I am starting to get cold ... Is it too soon to get a 5 mil suit?

If you are cold then buy the proper equipment to be comfortable.:D

I've always dove in a 3mm suit down to 72 degrees....that is until I did repetitive diving in Maui this year. Diving for 8 days straight really reduced my core temperature to a point where I was cold on days 7 and 8. I immediately bought a 5mm suit when I got home and will use it for repetitive diving in the future, unless the water is in the mid-80's.

No one could say it any better than Rum Bum did.

the K

I think I am going to get a 5mm Body Glove excursion suit it is titanium I think I am getting a good deal on it. $175 plus a 20% discount. Is the titanium worth extra money or is it a sales ploy.

I couldn't agree more with RumBum and The Kraken...

It doesn't matter what anyone else feels...it matters what *you* feel. Cold sensitivity is completely subjective - what feels cold to you is totally different than what feels cold to anyone else. If you're getting cold by the 2nd or 3rd dive, you need better thermal protection. Go for it.

Get the suit , its starting to get chilly . before you know it the water is going to be in the high 60's and we will be freezing

terrasmak:
Get the suit , its starting to get chilly . before you know it the water is going to be in the high 60's and we will be freezing
Temps in the any of the 60's is drysuit diving for me.

I have NEVER been too warm during a dive.

As said, if you need more then get it.

Titanium has largely been dismissed as bunk. That dosen't mean it won't be a fine suit, there just isn't any magic to to titanium, plush linings or any other stuff we associate with dry wramth. Fit is everything.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom