Warm enough for skins yet in SE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering if the water had warmed up enough in the SE to just wear a skin rather than 3mm. We are just doing simple dives out of Boynton tomorrow afternoon, i am thinking the temp must be up around 80F+ which is usually my limit for diving in a skin. I havent been out that way in quite a while now. Will check the other threads, but thought i would just directly as well.

The last two Sundays in WPB I've noted bottom temps around 81-82.

I'm usually not cold natured but I was very comfortable in my 3mm.

Will likely switch to the .5mm when it warms up another couple of degrees or so.

Unless you get cold easily or you're doing insane long deco dives, a skin will be ok.

Let's see, in Venice last Saturday, I was wearing a lycra diveskin under black BDU's and a black t-shirt. After getting soaked up to the shins in shallow water watching after the kid, I just decided to dive in what I was wearing. Many will attest to the "StealthDiver" entering the water in full military attire, except for the boots. I even had my leather belt on! Sometimes, ya just gotta do what the Rice Krispies tell ya!
What's that... ? Swap Simon's nitrox tank for a methane tank?
Filthy hobbit! They tricks us! :evil3:

83-85ºF in the northern Gulf :) The skins have been out of the closet for over a month now :D

Been diving skins off the beach for a month now.

I was fine in my 1mm yesterday, nice to be wet again!! Christina was a little chilled by the end of the second. We got about 81F on the bottom with a thermocline at 15ft that was a couple of degrees warmer.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom