Wanted: 2 reg sets for wife and i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look into a new HOG set-up. You will not find the deal you are looking for (as has been pointed out thanks to purchase AND service) so the HOG is by far the best deal in town. Just make sure servicing in your area will not be an issue.

I do have to ask......how much are you being charged for rentals and how often are you diving? It is only $10 around here to rent regs.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, check out HOG's they are great regs at a great price.

and Steve, can I move up there? Rental costs around $20 here per item....

No offense, I don't think I'd dive a set of regs that cost $200 for the 1st & two 2nd stages and gauges. There's bargains to be had but not at that budget. Hell, the hoses along could cost half the budget. As was said....save your money. Good luck with your search but set realistic goals. Furthermore, be productive with your posts (i.e. more than hoping for the deal of the century). You have two on this thread. Start contributing to the other forums, dive with some people you meet on here, etc. That's how I started and got my first computer and tank at a BARGAIN from a dive buddy I met on here. If I hadn't already been a dive buddy, that bargain wouldn't have been so good.

Thank you to everyone for the advice. All great information and I am looking into and trying to use all of
it. After talking with my wife, we will probably go with the HOG setups in a month or so. And I think I
may have offended someone with my post after receiving a message a little bit ago with this line in it.
"Furthermore, be productive with your posts (i.e. more than hoping for the deal of the century). You
have two on this thread. Start contributing to the other forums, dive with some people you meet on here, etc."
To this person I am very sorry to have offended you or anyone else for that matter, but I do believe that this
thread has been very productive in my decision making about this and I don't think I would be the only one
to feel as such after receiving such great input. If there is something I need to do to rectify any
ills I may have done on here with this thread I certainly want to do it for I intend to use these forums quite
a lot in the future if allowed. Thanks again to all those who provided positive and informative comments and
please let me know if I've done something wrong. Thank you.

You haven't done anything wrong. You just joined the forum, probably just discovered it. My first post here years ago was a question regarding Arizona dive sites. After that I just lurked for a while trying to learn the forum before I started posting a lot. It's okay to lurk and learn the community.

Look on the miami CL, I'll be posting a set a little above your budget (but a good buy) this afternoon.

Let's not overlook the obvious: that diving is an inherently expensive sport. Regulators are probably the most important piece of equipment (insofar as quality is required and concerned). It's better to not dive than it is to force diving to happen on such a limited budget and potentially buy a piece of gear that's less than safe. While I don't think you need to mortgage your home to participate; today your limitation is on regulators, tomorrow it may be on servicing, then who knows what other corner you may cut. Please dive safely with quality equipment that works so you can continue to post and contribute and, of course, dive!

If you buy a well known reg set like the us divers conshelf...after they are serviced... and servicing is around 25...what risk is involved if you paid 100 or a 1000??? I paid under 50 on ebay for a us divers conshelf reg set..had em serviced and was under a 100 for MY life support. deals are there..he originally said he has someone to service for him, and he is on a limited budget..he knows life is involved....I dont think he is cutting corners..just mho. Not trying to bash or rant...But I have been in his shoes since the day I got certified 20 yrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom