Want to try BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi to everyone!

I just got certified last july. I am in the process of acquiring my own gear. Does anybody know where I can try a BP/W setup in a pool here in Manila? Am willing to pay equipment/pool/instructor fees.

Thanks very much,

Richard Froilan Sagpao

Already visited Diver's Point. I am now looking for a deep enough pool and somebody to help me with the system.

Thanks
Pao

Pao:
Already visited Diver's Point. I am now looking for a deep enough pool and somebody to help me with the system.

Thanks
Pao

there's scubaworld branch which has a pool very near diver's point. maybe you could try it there.

welcome richard

Pao:

Thanks
Pao
you should also be able to get an instructor-for-hire at scubaworld...

but i don't know if you should try an instructor who has also used a bp/w (my OW instrux for instance are anti-BP/W so i don't know if they'll give an unbiased opinion on it when you try it out)

i suggest you try getting in touch w/ axua (jai)... he dives both... try also twomixdiver (gordon)... he also dives both and helped my when i turned to the dark side (bp/w)

Jag

Why not ask Adventure bound (Tel 840-55-23)?? Since they distribute Halcyon, they could probably point you to a Dive Instructor that uses a BP/W. The proprietor Alex, is a BP/W loyalist and a dive instuctor if my memory serves me right.

Using a BP/W the first time feels weird!!!

The first time I used my Halcyon it felt like the tank was rolling over. But careful adjustment of the harness fixes the problem (be patient, it takes a lot of dives to get the BP/W adjustment right).

If you ask me, BP/W has more advantages (streamlined, less drag, better weight positioning) over its disadvantages (you have to lie down on your BP/W on the surface). Just my two cents...

gveugenio:
Why not ask Adventure bound (Tel 840-55-23)?? Since they distribute Halcyon, they could probably point you to a Dive Instructor that uses a BP/W. The proprietor Alex, is a BP/W loyalist and a dive instuctor if my memory serves me right.

Using a BP/W the first time feels weird!!!

The first time I used my Halcyon it felt like the tank was rolling over. But careful adjustment of the harness fixes the problem (be patient, it takes a lot of dives to get the BP/W adjustment right).

If you ask me, BP/W has more advantages (streamlined, less drag, better weight positioning) over its disadvantages (you have to lie down on your BP/W on the surface). Just my two cents...
yep, Adventure Bound, look for Nathan Floro, he gave me a very good deal with my BP/W :D errr... you don't really need to lay on your back on surface, just don't inflate your wing too much, it will keep you upright, head above water :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom