Want to try BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bing.:
yep, Adventure Bound, look for Nathan Floro, he gave me a very good deal with my BP/W :D errr... you don't really need to lay on your back on surface, just don't inflate your wing too much, it will keep you upright, head above water :14:

I agree with you re adventure bound.

Alex seems to be a guru when comes BP/W. Highly recommended to get from them...

Just tried a Halcyon Pioneer (Thanks very much Alex Floro of AdventureBound!). It feels really comfortable and stable even on the surface. I think I'm getting an Eclipse MC. How do the other brands compare to the Halcyon Eclipse?

Thanks again,

Richard

Just tried a Halcyon Pioneer (Thanks very much Alex Floro of AdventureBound!). It feels really comfortable and stable even on the surface. I think I'm getting an Eclipse MC. How do the other brands compare to the Halcyon Eclipse?

Thanks again,

Richard
other brands? cheaper.

i'm using an EXD 30lb with an EXD SS BP... my webbing doesn't have blue H's on it but it's got a red line running down the center :biggrin:

on a serious note, there have been comments about other brands being made of thicker/ stronger/ more durable material... in particular i remember DIR Zone's wing feels very thick to the touch it feels almost bullet proof (pero mahal)

Jag

dunno about H gear, but others are cheaper as jag said. i use a KAG ssbp and Dive Rite Venture wing. works pretty well, doesn't push you forward at the surface.

i'm thinking of Oxycheq though, tough outer skin. if my venture gives the Oxy tops my list.

Don't know about other brands, but I'm using H and it suits me. At the end of the day, it's what you're willing and able to pay for that counts. With the kind of diving that we do, I don't think the disparity between brands would count so much. It's just like comparing Nike and Reebok. There would be a thousand threads here on SB on the difference between quality of materials and yet I know some people who are using gear older than I am and they still work. Mind you, this is for recreational diving.

If ever you get tired of your halcyon, its easy to re-sell. There are a lot of buyers out there looking for H but are turned-off by the price. Halcyon gets its prestige from Global Underwater Explorers promoting its stuff.

check out:
http://www.gue.com/Equipment/Config/index.html

easy on selling halcyon gear...someone here got mails because he was selling his eclipse. :D

oxycheq has the extreme series available at divers point. the material on that thing is bullet proof as I have heard.

This is my backplate.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My backplate is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My backplate without a wing is useless. Without my wing , the backplate is useless.

I must trim my backplate true.

I must trim straighter than my buddy who is trying to upstage me.

I must upstage him before he upstages me. I will...

My backplate and myself know that what counts is not the dive certifications we have,

the noise of our exhaust bubbles, nor the reef damage we make.

We know it is the dive fashion that count. We will be a hit, with my neon wetsuit, we will make a fashion statement...

My backplate is human, even as I, because I need a life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother I wish I had.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its denier strenght, and its inflator.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my backplate clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My backplate and myself are the defenders of my personal credibility.

We are the masters of our resort.

We are the saviors of my sexual orientation.

So be it, until there is no diving, but DRINKING.

-- Maj Gen WH Rupertus (oPENWATER)
http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/1110.html

Back
Top Bottom