Want to rent DBL 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry dude, I've only got 7 cave dives since I completed my full cave - too soon for complacency to set in. No visual jumps or gaps for us. We won't be stage diving either, I'd like another 50 cave dives or so before I even think about bringing in stages.

I haven't discussed this with Rick yet but I don't think I even want to bring the guide into the cave. He can give us some pointers on where the line is, what jumps are interesting, etc but I just prefer to execute the dive on my own so there's no chance of me relying on anyone else to navigate the cave. If we miss some cool formations because we took the first jump instead of the second or because we spent the entire time in the cavern looking for the mainline, oh well, I'll be back there some day.

This is a completely new environment for us. I have 60+ dives in Florida's caves and I feel pretty comfortable swimming into a new one, I know what to expect. I've never been in any of Mexico's cave, never did a "OW-safe" cenote dive. We're going to take in real slow and conservative.

Rand,
Sounds like a good plan to me.'

No criticism, just passing along the things that have been highlighted to me about the neighborhood- so to speak.

We will be in Cozumel the 10th- so we’ll just miss you guys.

Later, Andrew

Everyone is headed out of the states on cool trek this summer,,,that is great. I am USA bound this year....but thats ok. I will be in Florida for 7 days in the first of Aug., I will be making 4 tech dives over 2 days on the Oriskany (private group charter),,,2 of the dives will be to finish up my Trimix certf.. Really looking forward to this,,,,my wife and I will make it into a vacation!!

Crazyduck:
Rand,
Sounds like a good plan to me.'

No criticism, just passing along the things that have been highlighted to me about the neighborhood- so to speak.

We will be in Cozumel the 10th- so we’ll just miss you guys.

Later, Andrew

Oh, I know... sorry if my reply seemed defensive - didn't intend it that way.

I heard Coz's reefs, especially Palancar, are awfully torn up. Hope you have some good diving.

texdiveguy:
Everyone is headed out of the states on cool trek this summer,,,that is great. I am USA bound this year....but thats ok. I will be in Florida for 7 days in the first of Aug., I will be making 4 tech dives over 2 days on the Oriskany (private group charter),,,2 of the dives will be to finish up my Trimix certf.. Really looking forward to this,,,,my wife and I will make it into a vacation!!

Sounds like a fun trip. I hope you have a blast. I am with you stuck in the States for this year unless Sherry wants to go someplace tropical for our honeymoon.

Lukiedukie:
Sounds like a fun trip. I hope you have a blast. I am with you stuck in the States for this year unless Sherry wants to go someplace tropical for our honeymoon.

What do you MEAN "unless Sherry wants to go someplace tropical"? It is the groom (that's you, my friend) that plans and pays for the honeymoon. Have fun in Bonaire...or Grand Cayman...or Belize...

ZzzKing:
What do you MEAN "unless Sherry wants to go someplace tropical"? It is the groom (that's you, my friend) that plans and pays for the honeymoon. Have fun in Bonaire...or Grand Cayman...or Belize...

You are right but I am not going to take her somewhere she will be miserable. I wonder if I could talk her into a road trip from here down to the Keys on the gulf side and back. Every stop I could get some dives in. Hey that might be a plan. I will have to work on that. HMMMMMMMMMMM How to best pitch that?

Lukiedukie:
... Every stop I could get some dives in. Hey that might be a plan. I will have to work on that. HMMMMMMMMMMM How to best pitch that?
Well, you could give her a certification class as a wedding present or maybe a resort course early on the honeymoon. :)

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom