Want to make 200 dollars the easy way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

who is up for a looney bird find mikes camera dive this comming weekend? we might can do some meat burning in between dives also.

Well, came up empty again today, Mike.

Fixed the intersection of the two headings, descended, planted the Diver Down marker.

Moving in an easterly direction we made runs from 60' to 40 on a 180 degree heading, turned due east moved 6', made a run from 40' to 60' on a 360 degree heading, turned due east and moved 6' and repeated the 180 run to 40'.

We made about 30 courses, but with no results, alas . . .

Visibility was about 4 to 5 feet today.

Tough job buddy.

the K

I know...very frustrating. Did you see the rod and reel or the top of the tree?

Mike

Which tree??? :D

Nope. But as you know, the wind direction changes the relative position of the buoy in Mask Cove so that no two bearings are probably ever the same.

And besides, you can be within 10 feet of the mark and never see it.

How did you guys start the dive? From Mask Cove swimming out. Did you go to the gate and then on out toward the peninsula. If the camera dropped down into some of those trees, it's gonna be a bugger ever finding it.

To the gate, then out, I had it to photgraph the tree top (it is the only intact tree top I have seen, laying on its side, then turned parallel to it (to the left) and swum to the place I found the rod and reel, there is where I thought I had clipped off the camera. I grabbed the rod and reel and swam about 5-10 fin cycles when I realised the camera wasn't attached. Not sure of the headings on these. I Then stuck the rod and reel reel first into the silt and commenced to search for the camera. I found the rod and reel the other day and immediately surfaced and took the bearings. Of course coming up 40 feet who knows how far I drifted sideways.

Mike

DEPP insures cameras even in the case that they are lost. Just something to think about when you get a replacement. Camera's get expensive, atleast it'll give you a reason to upgrade to a newer model.

Nope.

the K

still nothing to report?

Well the Greenville News this morning is reporting that Lake Lanier could be dry in as little as 4 months.
GreenvilleOnline.com -Local News-Atlanta may need Upstate water - (10/16/2007)

CLEMSON -- An hour southwest of the clear blue waters of Lake Keowee, which provides drinking water for many Upstate residents, Atlanta's main water source -- Lake Lanier -- is drying up.

A relative puddle surrounded by acres of dusty red clay, the lake that supplies water for more than 3 million people could be drained in four months, The Associated Press reported. After weeks of watering bans and warnings for residents to take shorter showers, some towns now are threatening unprecedented rationing.

"We're way beyond limiting outdoor water use. We're talking about indoor water use," said Jeff Knight, an environmental engineer in the college town of Athens, Ga., which is preparing last-ditch rationing rules as its reservoir runs dry.

Here in the Upstate, lakes Keowee, Jocassee and Hartwell are low. Utilities including Duke Energy and the city of Clemson have asked their customers to voluntarily conserve water, but residents haven't seen the dire restrictions that face their neighbors to the south. . .

So if this continues, you will be able to send out the Boy Scouts to go hiking for your lost dive camera.

Back
Top Bottom