Want to make 200 dollars the easy way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Find my camera and housing. Go to west bank park Lake Lanier, Go to mask cove, off the left side point of land, look back at the cove on the right you will see a spar buoy saying "boats stay out" take a heading a back heading of 60 degrees out from the buoy in about 50 feet (right now) of water marks the spot I think it came loose from my D-ring. If you find a Zebco rod and reel sticking up from the mud you are close (I think) I shoved it into the mud there to mark the point I first realized it was missing.

PM me if you find it!

Mike

Oh man! I hope you have better luck finding your camera than I have had finding my mask.

It is a little bit bigger! Ikelite housing, dual DS51 strobes on delux ball arms...

It is a little bit bigger! Ikelite housing, dual DS51 strobes on delux ball arms...

I think it's better if you dive again and surely, you will find it again - since you knew where exactly the area may be. Good luck finding your camera setup!

I returned twice that day. I will be going back tomorrow.

is it neutral? buoyant? weighted? once you let go of the camera, does it float or sink?

ouch! that's a costly loss. I wish I was closer so I'll try and help find it.

Well, since he dropped it and it didn't go to the surface, I'd be willing to guess it's negative !!! :D

I'm just hoping it didn't land in one of the really silty areas.

the K-inetic Physicist

I'd go out there with 100' of sinking line and use the rod as a center to swim a loop and try and foul the housing. Best of luck, that really sucks.

Good in concept, Thal, but you'd foul on a thousand other things, tree trunks, standing sapplings, deck chairs, etc. before you'd ever get close to the camera.

The bottom of the lake is not clean of trees and shrubs at all.

We're really going to have to do the azimuth/depth thing here, with slightly changing azimuths each pass.

Visibility MAY be 5 to 6' at best.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom