Want to learn to Dive - Michigan Detroit Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason76

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I want to learn to dive. I live in the Detroit area. Can anyone suggest a good course in the Detroit area to learn to dive. I welcome any other helpful tips for a beginner.. I have done too much surface with a snorkel and ready to take it to the next level.....Thanks - Jason

Jason76

There are regional forums here too - you'd probably get a better response there. Go down to the regional forum area below - United States and I think there is a Great Lakes region or something close to that.

Good luck.

Depending on where you live in the Detroit area, pick a few dive shops near where you live and give them a visit or call. I've never been to a shop that does not offer classes. Pick one you are comfortable with. Also check the community education in your community as they may offer classes (normally affiliated with a dive shop).

I think it is common here for students to do the first part of the class (pool and book work) locally and travel to a warmer location (Florida, Caribbean) while others opt for more local quarry dives for their open water certification dives. These options are often offered through your local dive shop as a referral.

Sea The World dive shop in Farmington Hills. They are a direct linage from Don's Dive Shop where I bought my first set of gear in 1966.

Jason76

There are regional forums here too - you'd probably get a better response there. Go down to the regional forum area below - United States and I think there is a Great Lakes region or something close to that.

Good luck.

Thanks I'll check out those forums

Sea The World dive shop in Farmington Hills. They are a direct linage from Don's Dive Shop where I bought my first set of gear in 1966.

Thanks I will check out some of the shops.

Depending on where you live in the Detroit area, pick a few dive shops near where you live and give them a visit or call. I've never been to a shop that does not offer classes. Pick one you are comfortable with. Also check the community education in your community as they may offer classes (normally affiliated with a dive shop).

I think it is common here for students to do the first part of the class (pool and book work) locally and travel to a warmer location (Florida, Caribbean) while others opt for more local quarry dives for their open water certification dives. These options are often offered through your local dive shop as a referral.

Thanks for the info..

Send me a pm, I'll set you up.

Back
Top Bottom