Want to help me buy a car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonDawg:
Not if it has an "InstaClear" windshield (defroster wires embedded in it) like Natasha thinks it has. Those are MUCH more expensive to replace.

No, I was wrong..it wasn't a defroster or anything other then some extra shading at the top of the windshield with lines..kinds hard to describe, but he also said 200.00 to 300.00 to replace it, as I just took the car back.

My sales person was gone for the night, so we're back to the table via phone I hope, to see if they are going to play with the price some more or replace the WS or send me packing.

They said at this ponit they are only making 700.00 on the deal.

Can you trust them?
Grrrr

They also said since none of the 2008's are in yer, yes you read that right, not one 2008 on the lot, that when they do come in, more people will trade in the 2006's and 2007's and I may have more play.

RonDawg:
I was pointing out why you bash sedans on their scuba carrying abilities, yet you say the VW Beetle makes a good scuba vehicle even if its trunk is only big enough for ONE person's gear :confused:

While Natasha isn't concerned about carrying scuba gear, I do question your logic in this regard.

A VW Golf or Rabbit is affordable and is far more suitable as a dive vehicle than a Beetle.

Well then you are playing a different game. You are trying to be an amateur philosopher, whereas the rest of us are trying to help Nastasia find a good car.:no

nereas:
You can buy a whole new windshield for about $300.

Windshields are like tires. They are easily replaced.

I would not worry about this too much, if you see a car that you like which is pre-owned.

Yes, you're right. Thanks.

PS. I like your screen name and it's meaning. I will be in Greece this November ( if I don't spend all my money on this darn car) :winky:

Natasha:
Yes, you're right. Thanks.

PS. I like your screen name and it's meaning. I will be in Greece this November ( if I don't spend all my money on this darn car) :winky:

You may have missed your chance! Greece is burning to the ground!

We don't have any idea who is doing it.

Maybe alqaida or maybe someone else with an ax to grind.

You do look rather Greek in your photo. Eisai?

nereas:
You may have missed your chance! Greece is burning to the ground!

We don't have any idea who is doing it.

Maybe alqaida or maybe someone else with an ax to grind.

You do look rather Greek in your photo. Eisai?

I'm very sad about the fires. I am booked to fly into Athens 22NOV. I have put a call into my friend there and hope to hear from him tomorrow.

Thank you for the compliment~~however I am only Greek at heart. :)

nereas:
Well then you are playing a different game. You are trying to be an amateur philosopher, whereas the rest of us are trying to help Nastasia find a good car.:no

I guess you missed the part about "getting it looked at by a mechanic" and "don't rely on CarFax alone" and "look up the various values on kbb.com" :rolleyes:

Natasha, Take it from a car dealer. Picking a car is a very personal thing. Test drive every car in your price range. You would be surprised how some cars fit and others just don’t. Buying at the end of the month is a good plan. As for quality, trust me they are all good and they generally outlast your desire to own them. Maintenance is important. Get it done regularly.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom