Want to help me buy a car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I need a car.

It's between a Nissan Altima and a Ford Fusion.

Anyone own either car, or have a view on either to share?

If you love the car you are driving and think I might too..please feel free to share.

Thanks! Love you guys!

Consumer Reports likes the Fusion better.

xiSkiGuy:
Consumer Reports likes the Fusion better.
Can you tell me what it likes about the Fusion more then the Altima? Thanks!

Just helped my Mother-in-law car shop, she ended up buying a Fusion.
Roomy, surprising amount of pep, nice comfortable car.
I know I liked it myself.
It was a 2007 and was able to get her a very good deal.

I will sell you this for $15k :D

lacking.jpg

Natasha:
Can you tell me what it likes about the Fusion more then the Altima? Thanks!
Consumer Reports put the Fusion in its highest recommendation tier (which means they recommend it and it meets certain crash test standards). They rated reliability as "excellent" in all areas. The only low scoring category was fuel economy, which they rated "fair". Of course being fairly new, they only have one years worth of info on the Fusion.
Consumer Reports:
This sibling of the Lincoln MKZ and Mercury Milan is based on the Mazda6 platform. The 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine with the five-speed automatic delivers adequate performance and 23 mpg overall, but is noisy. The 3.0-liter V6 offers more zip, gets 20 mpg overall, and uses a smooth, six-speed automatic. The ride is firm and controlled, and handling is alert and responsive. The turning circle, however, is wide. The optional leather seats offer better support than the standard cloth seats. An AWD model is available. Side and curtain air bags are standard for 2007, but stability control is not available. First-year reliability has been well above average. IIHS crash-test results have improved.
Looking closer at the Altima, it actually scored a higher overall score than the Fusion (89 vs 77), but isn't on their recommended list (I'm not sure why). Reliability numbers are very similar.
Consumer Reports:
The redesigned Nissan Altima is among our top family sedans. The 2.5-liter four-cylinder 2.5 S delivers better performance than some six-cylinder engines and an impressive 25 mpg overall. The 3.5 SE's 3.5-liter V6 is very powerful yet delivers 23 mpg overall. A CVT is the only automatic transmission offered, with a six-speed manual optional. The 2.5 S has good handling and absorbs bumps better than the 3.5 SE, which is stiff and jittery, but corners better. Interior quality has been improved, but the steering wheel is awkward to adjust and rear seat room is tight. Side and curtain air bags are standard on the 2007 model, but electronic stability control is optional. A four-cylinder hybrid version and a coupe are also available.
Personally, I like the Altima (especially the new coupe) better than the Fusion. But then again, I'm more of a rear wheel drive fan (or AWD) and wouldn't have either of these cars on my purchase list. I want a BMW 135i when it comes stateside, but I bet my car buying criteria is a little different than yours.

CAPT HOOK:
It was a 2007 and was able to get her a very good deal.

Would you be willing to tell how good of a deal? :winky:

I want the diesel x5...or anything diesel..

I vote silver tho. Have you considered a Jetta?

I like the German makes because they don't depreciate as fast. Not to try and sway you or anything...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom