Want to help me buy a car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just read" How to buy a car for dummies." Good book. I feel I learned a lot.

According to the book, the best time to buy a car is, end of the week, end of the day, end of the month and end of the year. However, since I need one now, I can't wait until the end of the year.

I was thinking this Friday, end of the month and week, is a pretty good time.
So now it's just deciding where I can get the best deal.

I have two sales people from each dealership, hunting for me now.

catherine96821:
I want the diesel x5...or anything diesel..

I vote silver tho. Have you considered a Jetta?

I like the German makes because they don't depreciate as fast. Not to try and sway you or anything...

No, I never thought of a Jetta. Is that what you drive?

does Costco get those two?

you want to know the manufacturers price, get it from Consumers Reports and offer them 500 dollars more.

No, I never thought of a Jetta. Is that what you drive?

I have one for my girl child.---kinda cool looking. VERY dependable so far. I like German cars--I would get the diesel but her dad was worried she would not find gas everywhere here on Oahu. I am a bit biased about American car companies they rattle after a year, IMHO. They make good trucks. Having said that, there are some deals out there because they are in trouble right now.

How exciting! I love cars but I buy about every five-8 years and I always get a high end of the line with about 10K miles on it already. You might consider that...
a pre-certified still has a factory warranty and somebody else took the bath.
This way you can afford to change your mind at almost anytime down the road.

Car dealers usually pat me on the head or something. I think the last one said "oh...you're frisky! ..I like you!" When I asked about the interest rate "money factor" on a lease he was pushing hard. Generally, I'd say avoid a lease unless you run the numbers and it works for your job. Really, really watch those dealers unless you just love hardball and have the stomach for it.

When you get your best price?....call around and say can you beat this "yes or no?" and then do not get sucked in to their world. If they say they will not give prices over the phone, say "okay bye-bye"

Dive Right In Scuba:
I will sell you this for $15k :D

lacking.jpg

Nice car..but black is too hot down here in Houston. :)

I had a Ford until December and I loved it. I owned it for 3.5 years and it was a great car with excellent gas milage. When I traded it, I bought a Scion which is made by Toyota.

Hemlon:
I had a Ford until December and I loved it. I owned it for 3.5 years and it was a great car with excellent gas milage. When I traded it, I bought a Scion which is made by Toyota.

Funny you should say this. I just saw a Scion on the road yesterday and liked it. How much are they running? Is 2007 the first year for them?

Natasha:
Funny you should say this. I just saw a Scion on the road yesterday and liked it. How much are they running? Is 2007 the first year for them?

I'm sure there are great resources online for details such as pricing. One of the benefits in my mind was no-haggle pricing.

The sticker price is what you pay. I found it to be a fantastic deal.

As for what year they started, I'm not sure. Again, I bet there are online resources.

Hemlon:
I'm sure there are great resources online for details such as pricing. One of the benefits in my mind was no-haggle pricing.

The sticker price is what you pay. I found it to be a fantastic deal.

As for what year they started, I'm not sure. Again, I bet there are online resources.

Yep, I just read up on Edmunds ~~ they came out in 2004. Sounds like a good car. I may have to drive one. I have owned 4 Toyotas, and was happy with all of them. Both of my sons even drove them..actually one still drives my 1997 Corolla.

Natasha:
Yep, I just read up on Edmunds ~~ they came out in 2004. Sounds like a good car. I may have to drive one. I have owned 4 Toyotas, and was happy with all of them. Both of my sons even drove them..actually one still drives my 1997 Corolla.

I was so impressed with my sig other's Scion that I bought one too. I wasn't looking to buy a new car for another 6 months but I REALLY liked the features.

It takes so little to impress me. The instrument panel being in the center of the dash did it. (as opposed to it being on the driver's side as they typically are!)

Like I said...I'm easily impressed. :shakehead:

It was around $21,000, they said they would take $3000 off, we said $5000, they stopped us as we went out the door. Brand new just under $16,000 + tax,etc. No trade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom