Want to go pro. .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMHO but DM'ing for a good amount of time helped me understand much better what it was to be an instructor. It made it crystal clear what I was to be doing as an instructor and whether I had the patience and attitude to do it. Instructing adults takes more patience than looking after 3 kids under 3..... at least with little kids they have an excuse for lack of common sense....

If it's your life path and want to do it, do it. Better to try and go there than spending your life wondering what if....

Please take your time. I apologize to many of the DM's out there when I say the worst divers I have buddied with have all been divemasters. This is a reflection of the old PADI joke "Put Another Dollar In." Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you have the experience necessary to lead a group of potentially new divers underwater. With under 50 dives, there is still a LOT you haven't seen yet. My advice would be to move where you want to go pro, spend the first year doing something else for money and diving as often and in as varied conditions as you can. THEN go for your DM.

I don't have the option of being a year a D.M for a year, as i live over
400 kilometers (250miles ) from the coast. . The course though is 4months
hands on D.M experience, and I geuss its better then nothing. . Or so I hope. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burnout:

I am located about equal distance from the oceans, and am about the same distance from the Gulf of Mexico. I still have been working with classes regularly for two years now.

Kingpatzer so you get regular students even you not near the coast? ?

Kingpatzer so you get regular students even you not near the coast? ?

Yup. We have classes going at all levels, year round.

Back
Top Bottom