Want to become instructor doing training in Central America.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMB1990

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I'm a 32 year old Canadian construction worker, with dreams becoming a scuba instructor. I've been diving for around 10 years and always had a dream of turning it into my life. I have put this dream off for work and more recently covid to many times and now finally decided I can't any more. I am working out my plan to go south for roughly 3 months to start, selling or moving most of my stuff into storage. In this 3 months I want to do a divemaster internship and my instructor course and get as much training as possible. So far I am thinking of doing this in Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua or Panama. If you by chance read this and have any advice it would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

You wouldn't be the first to do this kind of thing. Go for it. Check out Utila Dive Center. I did not pursue a DM cert but spent a month on Utila diving and hanging out with others who were working toward DM and instructor, and UDC seemed to have a good program.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Good luck with your dream, and please keep us abreast of your progress! You may be able to drum up some business from us wherever you land! Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom