Hello from Canada... hopefully soon Central American haha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMB1990

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

I'm a 32 year old Canadian construction worker, with dreams becoming a scuba instructor. I've been diving for around 10 years and always had a dream of turning it into my life. I have put this dream off for work and more recently covid to many times and now finally decided I can't any more. I am working out my plan to go south for roughly 3 months to start, selling or moving most of my stquff into storage. In this 3 months I want to do a divemaster internship and my instructor course and get as much training as possible. So far I am thinking of doing this in Honduras, Costa Rica or Panama. If you by chance read this and have any advice it would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

I just spent the last week with Utila Dive Center in Honduras, and couldn't be more impressed. I was just fun diving but my daughter started with them for advanced through MSDT internship. They are very professional and thorough.
The only questions would be if you could live the Utila lifestyle, and spend that much time with a group of divers who's median age is early 20's.
Good luck with your endeavors. I hope you make it work.

I just spent the last week with Utila Dive Center in Honduras, and couldn't be more impressed. I was just fun diving but my daughter started with them for advanced through MSDT internship. They are very professional and thorough.
The only questions would be if you could live the Utila lifestyle, and spend that much time with a group of divers who's median age is early 20's.
Good luck with your endeavors. I hope you make it work.
Thanks for the info Utila dive center is on my list of shops that I'm looking into/interested in. The Utila life style would be great I think I did my open water there years ago and loved the island. I figured I'd be slightly older than most of the people doing this type of thing no matter where I end up going and I don't foresee it being a problem. It is a good thing to keep in mind though.

A little age with a little maturity could be an asset in paradise!

Back
Top Bottom