Wanna play ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I get it your point.

They were aligned with anyone who was against the Reds. When the end became obvious, they made peace and chased out the Germans. In the end they were the only "Axis" power not to occupied. They were never fascists--just fighting for survival.

Aspirin is also extracted from willow bark.

I cant believe this thread is still going......and its still on the same game .... where are the hyjackers!!! :wacko:

Is it time for the deep dive? Senility has finally set in. I blew that one. Cat was too polite to point out my error in public, but was kind enough to send a PM.

"Abscorbic acid is Vitamin "C". I think you means "Salicylic acid", present in willow (genus Salix) which is then acetylated to form acetylsalicylic acid (ASA). ASA itself is not extracted from willow bark nor is ther any natural source for it that I know of "

She is correct of course. I was trying to remember (damned aging process) acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) which would not have been correct either, but at least it would have been wrong because I had bad information. Remembering one fact when trying to remember another is the pits.

Cat, would you like a job caring for an elderly diver who is rapidly losing his marbles?

ScubaBaby once bubbled...
I cant believe this thread is still going......and its still on the same game .... where are the hyjackers!!! :wacko:
Ok, ok, ok. I guess O-ring is still off his feed.

What do you think of adding to the skill required for Jello Twister by having participants pick up Walter's marbles during the game?

Make mine a steelie! :armed:
(Walter: elderly?? You're not *that* much older than I am! Eeeek! Then again, I did most of my marble-losing - and gaining - before I turned 10...)

cat once bubbled...

Ok, ok, ok. I guess O-ring is still off his feed.

Awww, O-ring hasnt been eating well? Mebbe you should offer to find him something he wouldnt mind nibbling on? :wink:

The P-39 was a US built airplane that the US Fighter pilots hated (all except for Chuck Yaeger, he loved it). We sold the P-39 to Russia for nothing and they used it very well in WWII. That is why I thought of that airplane.

From the Web:

"White Willow Bark contains salicin, which the body converts to salicylic acid and has the same effect on the body as aspirin without any of the side effects. In fact, White Willow Bark was the basis for the synthesis of aspirin. History of usage of White Willow Bark goes back as far as 500 BC when ancient Chinese healers began using it to control pain. Native Americans also discovered the value of the Willow tree for relieving pain from headaches and rheumatism and reducing fevers."

Wait a minute, I'm a Native American. I think they mean those people that were here when Europeans arrived. I'm just as native as those people are.

I meant a different Friday, Walter knows who. I'll bet there are others that do as well. This one is Female and a fictional character. Who is this Friday?

Back
Top Bottom