WAL questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tex....I worked with manual white balancing this past week..amazing! I'm anxious to try it in the green water of the lakes. Try it!

I agree with Ted. The Oly lenses have been reported to have problems with the coating on the glass. I love my Sea & Sea. From macro wide angle close-ups to scenics, I have no blurring at all. I've never used an Inon but as you can see it has lots of fans, too. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

My S&S lens arrived yesterday - just in time for today's dives.

Dee, I've clipped a slate and plan on trying to use it for manual WB. I'll let ya know how well it works. I doubt that it's a true white, but hey we'll see.

Of course my plans of waiting on the strobe are now all shot. The lens is HUGE and blocks the internal flash. Just the excuse I needed. lol

BTW what's the trick to entering your addy on Yuzo's site? I gave up after 5 attempts and had to get the lens elsewhere. I don't know an "elsewhere" for the D-180.

Texass:
...BTW what's the trick to entering your addy on Yuzo's site? I gave up after 5 attempts and had to get the lens elsewhere. I don't know an "elsewhere" for the D-180.

Congrats! I used my S&S WA with the Pt-15 for the first time on this trip and was very pleased. Fully zoomed out, I get just a hint of vignetting only on the left side. Nothing that can't usually be cloned out.

Ordering on Yuzo's website is a pain. It's best to email him and tell him what you want. You'll get better prices that way, too.

Ryan at underwater Camera Pros has the D-180, that's where I got mine. He's really good about answering questions and helping in any way he can. He's one of the good guys!

Back
Top Bottom