WAL questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After reading the maintenance pages, I noticed they warn about screwing up the seal which may flood the lens. I bet that most Land Use lenses don't have this seal feature. That may be why UW WA lenses cost so much.

Does anyone have links to the Sea & Sea and/or Epoque lenses?

Here's one place to get S&S lenses....Underwater Camera Pros You'll need the type 'L' lens for the PT housings.

Something to consider if you get a WAL:
Take a permanent marker like a "Sharpie" and draw a line on both your housing case and the front lens retaining ring in a spot where you can easily see it when you are threading on the WAL.
This line will serve as a check that you are not accidentally un-threading the housing lens retaining ring along with the WAL.
Be careful not to thread the WAL on too tightly.

I think I found the adaptor for the S&S bayonet lenses HERE Guess what? Doesn't look like it will work. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Gilligan:
Whichever WAL you get I STRONGLY suggest you get a lens dock with a leash. It is so easy for that WAL to slip from your hands while putting it on or taking if off underwater. This is a fairly inexpensive lens dock with a leash. The first time it happens you will grin behind your mouthpiece and exhale a sigh of relief because you had the leash. I have already done so.

I have a tetra housing for my oly 5050 how do i find one of these leashes, that wal is $$$$$ too lose

nevinsdb:
I have a tetra housing for my oly 5050 how do i find one of these leashes, that wal is $$$$$ too lose

In my opinion, the Digital Lens Dock from gbundersea is the best. The photo pro at CCV Resort thought so, too....he kept mine! Follow that link, it's the best preventative money you'll spend on those lenses.

dee!!

welcome back

OK, I finally decided to get the lens first since most of the shots I take are in the shallows. Yeah they're pretty green, but I can mute it in post processing. Also I figure with the WA lens I can get closer, which will help reduce some of the green.

All very cool... EXCEPT. Now Yuzo's got a new WA lens that's actually recommended by Oly. Link

It looks similar, but I'm not sure it's an INON lens - at least I can't see the INON stamp that's on their other lenses and the mfg. code is slightly different. Also it's x0.58 zoom compared to x0.56 and depth rated to 40m instead of 60m.

Anybody know anything about this new wrinkle?

Thanks, y'all have been great!

I think you're looking at the Olympus PWC-01 WAL which has been around for some time. There have been reports of hazing on the glass elsewhere and that's why I bought the INON. In addition, I also wanted the ability to add the dome later.
TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom