Wait a minute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Just thought I'd mention here that I met Mickey and Kimber at the CDF social in N. Florida las week. They seemed like good folks. We drank some beer and talked diving.

mmm...beer...everyone can be happy drinking beer together...much like diving

I love how someone describes someone else as low brow, while insulting their physical appearance, and making and ad hom personal attack. Your words paint you.
We have our hands full screening for threats and such, and do not try to moderate people for being without class. It doesn't take much thought to insult someone, nor does it take much courage when they can't answer either. Of course, they can always feel remorse and then edit their mean spirited remarks.

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

After seeing how this person(s) acts online gives me no desire to ever wish to meet them in person. Some people are just not worth the effort. MikeFerrara, I fail to see how 'good folks' will constantly incite arguents just for the pleasure, threaten people, and act like a wanna grow up to be a playground bully. This is my impression based on my observations.

The problem here is some people are unstable. If you talk/meet with them in their 'stable' moments they wil be ok to deal with, however meet them when they are not will result in much worse outcomes.

Ed

Well, I certainly don't know them very well so I'm not trying to provide a reference or anything. I just thought I'd post the fact that I met them for any one interested. Of course everybody should make there own decisions about who to avoid and why.

However, if every one remembers the thread where this all started was a little goofy to begin with. As I remember we were in the middle of some DIR related argument and his post led us to believe (and we assumed) he was one of the quest guys popping in to "bully". Some of us jumped him pretty good in the way we often do in those situations. He then responded and was banned and the thread pulled.

Immediately afterward he attempted to contact me. We played phone tag for a while and last week met in Florida.

As for the kind of posts made on rec.scuba...it isn't my style but from what little looking I've done there, I don't know what is joking around and what isn't.

NetDoc once bubbled...

We have our hands full screening for threats and such, and do not try to moderate people for being without class. It doesn't take much thought to insult someone, nor does it take much courage when they can't answer either. Of course, they can always feel remorse and then edit their mean spirited remarks.

Doc, I'm sure the moderators do the best they can.

I just like to point out cheap shots, cowardice and hypocrisy when I see them.

Especially running one's mouth about someone who can't respond.

Or especially someone's wife.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
As for the kind of posts made on rec.scuba...it isn't my style but from what little looking I've done there, I don't know what is joking around and what isn't.

Personally, I don't think there's any joking. :)

Popeye once bubbled...

That's too bad.

Popeye once bubbled...

No joking? Man it must be a lonely boring life. (That is a joke btw) follow suit..it will make you feel better. Life is too short to take seriously all the time.

James

VaJames once bubbled...

No joking? Man it must be a lonely boring life. (That is a joke btw) follow suit..it will make you feel better. Life is too short to take seriously all the time.

James

Ask around, I'm a hysterically funny guy.

But we were referencing the threats on Rec.scuba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom