Wait a minute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver once bubbled...

Did you see how they have an "open note" on their site to you?

I wouldn't worry to much about running into those two in person, although the chick looks like she's a big eater, and, if she's hungry she might bite your arm or something........

I didn't see it on the site until you pointed it out but Tekdiveguy did e-mail me that he wanted to discuss the matter. We have been playing phone tag ever since.

I think what happened is when he responded in a thread with a GI quote some of us (I know I did) assumed that he was another quest guy...you know the drill..and some of us hammered him pretty good. He responded, and it went from there.

Probably just one of those stupid things that can happen when you can't see some ones face or hear the expression in their voice to help know where there comming from.

Either way, it would be a wast of time to make excuses for the way any of us behaved and talking (in full duplex) is probably a good idea.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

I'll think about it. They usually don't do anything about stuff like this and if they did it would probably just cause trouble for a bunch of people without getting anything done. Maybe one of the moderators or some one has experience with stuff like this on a board and has some advice.

Mike, I missed the original thread, but I have read enough of the rest to get the gist.

One of the many hats I wear (my closet causes an instant identity crisis with all of the varied costumes) is that of police officer. From that standpoint, I would have to caution you that the fact that this person has e-mailed actual death threats to you is evidence of a very disturbed mind.

If you dive in the same location with this person, it is possible that, given the opportunity, this person might act to harm you, possibly by sabotaging your gear.

Again, I did not see the post, so I would caution that: "If I ever see you, I'm gonna kill you!" is not the same in the eyes of the law as: "If I see you at the quarry, I will kill you!"

I don't wish to alarm you, but if the post falls into the latter category, I would see if I could get the local police to check it out. The attached charge would be: "Making a terroristic threat." or something similar in your state.

You do need to find out who you are dealing with, so that if they show up at your local dive site, you can be fore-warned.

Hope this helps. Good luck. :eek:

Just thought I'd mention here that I met Mickey and Kimber at the CDF social in N. Florida las week. They seemed like good folks. We drank some beer and talked diving.

Hello,

After seeing how this person(s) acts online gives me no desire to ever wish to meet them in person. Some people are just not worth the effort. MikeFerrara, I fail to see how 'good folks' will constantly incite arguents just for the pleasure, threaten people, and act like a wanna grow up to be a playground bully. This is my impression based on my observations.

The problem here is some people are unstable. If you talk/meet with them in their 'stable' moments they wil be ok to deal with, however meet them when they are not will result in much worse outcomes.

Ed

I only have one question about these two....

SHE DIVES A PINK BACKPLATE?????

MASS-Diver once bubbled...

Did you see how they have an "open note" on their site to you?

I wouldn't worry to much about running into those two in person, although the chick looks like she's a big eater, and, if she's hungry she might bite your arm or something........

I love how someone describes someone else as low brow, while insulting their physical appearance, and making and ad hom personal attack. Your words paint you.

I notice -your- photo isn't posted... how cowardly.

But then you're in the right company... with some here.

They seemed ok, although I don't know if they put two and two together and figured out who I was. In case they are reading, I was in Bish's cave class and talked to you at the Luraville Country Store.

Bullfrog once bubbled...
I only have one question about these two....

SHE DIVES A PINK BACKPLATE?????

Dude, she looks totally hot in pink.

I was thinking about getting one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom