Wait a minute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
This went beyond Internet spew.

TekDiveGirl was actively threatening people who show up at Gilboa Quarry.

Kinda makes you wonder why the account is still active.

I never saw that threat...

I wonder who that is with one post that just joined and never saw that threat. I bet it couldn't be the suspect. The regulators have seen it because the PM is still sitting in my mailbox. Braunbehrens don't sweat it man. We know that person doesn't represent the DIR gang as a whole. It does add fuel to the fire of those who are 100% anti DIR though. The whole thing was uncalled for but it was solved quickly. Thanks to the Regulators that solved that issue. Everyone go home and have a drink, there is nothing to see here.....lol.

James
:getsome:

VaJames once bubbled...
I wonder who that is with one post that just joined and never saw that threat. I bet it couldn't be the suspect.

I never saw it. I came in too late. Kinda changes things.

VAJames, I don't think the moderators can read your PMs. I might be wrong but I don't think so. They still have the thread (just locked away). Rick went and checked it out.

Paul, I agree that had nothing to do with diving. I for one do not assosiate you or anyone else with it because of their use of Georges quotes, support of a common agency or their use of the term DIR. I do get the impression though that ther is something? We know that some immitate GI's online style but this was a bit more. LOL, I think George will tell someone they are going to kill themself but I haven't ever heard of him saying that he was going to do it for them. Maybe it's just the internet. There are enough nuts in the world that in a media where you can communicate with so many people all over the world your bound to find one eventually. Maybe they're throwing the term DIR around because it's there and they can. You know maybe it's just a band wagon that they can jump on.

Does anybody know these people? It's hard to do much diving and not run into people from this board. Ive even run into some in my shop.

I obviously missed this thread that is being talked about. But I will say that Death threats should be taken seriously and should be reported to the proper authorities. Yes I know most are just written or said but on a rare occasion they do come true. I think there should be some legal action on this.

Wyno once bubbled...
I obviously missed this thread that is being talked about. But I will say that Death threats should be taken seriously and should be reported to the proper authorities. Yes I know most are just written or said but on a rare occasion they do come true. I think there should be some legal action on this.

It would be like chasing gosts. I ruffle (or try to) enough feathers in the dive industry that it's probably dumb to use my real name or sit in front of this window. The point is that if I was going to worry about sombody it would be the person who hasn't said anything and you don't know who they are.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

It would be like chasing gosts. I ruffle (or try to) enough feathers in the dive industry that it's probably dumb to use my real name or sit in front of this window. The point is that if I was going to worry about sombody it would be the person who hasn't said anything and you don't know who they are.

Even though i didnt see the original post you should really report it to your local authorities. Maybe the owner of the Scuba Board can provide them with as much information as possible about these people so they can check into it. Like you said i wouldnt lose sleep over as i have had my fair share of threats and im still here:D It was probably just some loud mouth trying to be somebody by spouting off. But just to be on the safe side, report what was said just in case.

lal7176 once bubbled...

Even though i didnt see the original post you should really report it to your local authorities. Maybe the owner of the Scuba Board can provide them with as much information as possible about these people so they can check into it. Like you said i wouldnt lose sleep over as i have had my fair share of threats and im still here:D It was probably just some loud mouth trying to be somebody by spouting off. But just to be on the safe side, report what was said just in case.

I'll think about it. They usually don't do anything about stuff like this and if they did it would probably just cause trouble for a bunch of people without getting anything done. Maybe one of the moderators or some one has experience with stuff like this on a board and has some advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom