wahoooooooooo!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan;
I have a SeaQuest Pro QD for sale. Bought it last year in October. It's in perfect condition. The Price is $400.00. As I said, it's in perfect condition and it even comes equiped with an Air Source. E-mail me at guppy300@excite.com if you interested and I'll send you detailed pictures etc...

Good luck.
:cheeky:
NeoDiver

I did a quick scan, but didn't see anyone mention these specific points. If I repeat someone else, well, just call it a 2nd opinion... :wink:

1) IF you feel comfortable, put your housing on a lanyard around your wrist. I saw some mention of taking it in and out of a BC pocket. Not only will the housing be too large for most pockets, it will also be VERY positively bouyant. Once out if your grasp, it's gone. Keep the lanyard short - if you do happen to let go because you need your hand, you don't want it getting tangled.

2) Digital cameras generate heat. Tahiti has lots of humidity. Take along silica packages (or desecants designed for your housing) to place inside the housing to prevent lens fog. If not, after 30 mins in the water your camera will only take pictures of clouds...

3) Skip the external strobe for now. Yes, this will cut down on the types of pictures you can take, and the quality. But let's face it - this is for the memories, not the gallery...

BTW - since you will probably be doing more than 1 dive, talk to your dive operator and tell them your situation - you're fairly new but would like to take pics. Don't take the camera on your first dive, but by all means, when you have a shallow reef dive without current, I see no reason to leave the camera topside. Your operator should be able to tell you a good dive to try it out on.

Have fun!

does anyone have pics taken with a canon s230 3.2 megapixel?

just wondering how they'd look...

tahitit is right around the corner! anyone wanna come???

=)

-dan

My
32.gif

I won't touch on the experience level as plenty has been said on that.

Whether you take your camera diving or not, I think you should also get a video or photos taken by a professional photographer if their is one on the dive(s). Remember, it is a memorable event in your lives.

Congratulations and wishing you the best in life

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom