Wahhhhhhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
Oh.... and as the cave line fails, I replace it with ZipTies :D:D
Until Tech 2?

Saying it once belonged to you, may lower the odds of getting it back. :eyebrow:

Besides, I'm sure you had your back-up mag. in your pocket.

Snowbear:
:eek::eek:
My fingers hurt just thinking about it!!

The only way I'll likely take Tech2 is if I have a buddy to take it with.
Of course - if I take it on the West coast, I'll probably get to leave the ZipTies :D

I thought The Lore(tm) was that GI3 always used to use zipties, but then he ran out and used some cave line, then everyone started copying him to try to be more like him...

WOW!! That was a long one!!

Oh... sorry.... just survived another of the frequent Alaska earthquakes. Unless I bother to try to find it on the 'net, I won't know the magnitude or epicenter until tomorrow. But it seemed to last at least 30 seconds in duration! It wasn't that strong. It rocked the house, lights were swinging and stuff was rattling around, but nothing even tipped over.
lamont:
I thought The Lore(tm) was that GI3 always used to use zipties, but then he ran out and used some cave line, then everyone started copying him to try to be more like him...
I have no idea about that as I don't keep track of his latest fad. The "everyone" does not include me! As far as my respect goes... I would listen to Uncle Pug's opinion over what "Tres" did or thinks or does or says any day of the year!

That said... as far as the caveline vs. ZipTie "crisis," I'd dive with any of you no matter which method you choose to use. If either one fails and you need to fix it, I keep a stash of Zipties and a spoole of caveline in my Save-a-Dive box. If you do the caveline route - you'll need to provide your own locktite. Though I usually try to have a lighter around if I'm anywhere away from home.

Snowbear:
WOW!! That was a long one!!

Oh... sorry.... just survived another of the frequent Alaska earthquakes.
Ohh... you're making me miss the good 'ol days of when I grew up in Southern Cal...

Fate was with you when you lost it Pug. It was a deadly entanglement hazard just waiting to drag you down. :)

I'm not believing all the abject strokery you're exhibiting here...magnifiers? Was this dangly thing-held-on-with-a-ziptie hanging off your RIGHT waist D-ring? Holy Going-To-Hell-In-A-Handbasket! What's next? A laser pointer on a retracter? Your deco schedule on duct tape on your fins?? Pug, have you begun to feel vague urges to purchase gear thats pink? :D

I can see we may need to organize a crisis response deprogramming encounter group of all your friends up there in the PNW, for your own good of course. Since its for your good, you have to buy the beer. :wink: (We're going to need lots of beer.)

I think losing that dangly was a cry for help.

A psychic "Waahhhhhh" out of the darkness.

Don't worry buddy. We'll read to you from the Book of Irvine and perform a cleansing strokercism until we drive out those evil demons inhabiting your mind.

A freakin' magnifier....

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery!

When do you want the crowd knocking on your door? :D

Snowbear:
I'm still annoyed that the East Side Tech1 instructor cut all my zipties when he went over my gear :frown: Even though the only thing I had at the time with an "H" on it was the reel borrowed from Pug, the only real "issue" he had was the zipties. One thing that came of it was that I'll likely never forget how to do the cave-line tie-off :D

Oh.... and as the cave line fails, I replace it with ZipTies :D:D

I would've settled for either cave line or zip ties tonight ... the "breakaway o-ring" on my 18W light broke away ... and when the light head hit the sidewalk, so did the bulb.

Ouch! Those dang things are EXPENSIVE! At least it happened after the dive ...

Oh ... and we didn't find Pug's magnifier, but his observant dive buddy helped him find lots of cool photo subjects ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I would've settled for either cave line or zip ties tonight ... the "breakaway o-ring" on my 18W light broke away ... and when the light head hit the sidewalk, so did the bulb.
Dont they have streetlights in Seattle? Or were you saving the battery in your car by not using your headlights?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom