Vytec feedback opinion..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will_tekkie

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi dear friends...

I´m looking for some opinion from vytec users...i like this model because their decompression model ( i think a RBGM fitted one on a standard buhlman like ), the smaller size ( compared to nitek3 with are supposed to be the same capabilities), in water mix change option, etc..make it a good option. I don´t know how good is it in real diving ( lockout problems, failures, deco model behaviour, etc) and the battery life and change (I owned a old suunto eon with is good for rec diving but i did not like the VERY fragil ring which hold the battery plastic cap in place and its short life (battery last less than a year in my experience using it very few times). so i would be interested to know more about it...

will_tekkie:
Hi dear friends...

I´m looking for some opinion from vytec users...i like this model because their decompression model ( i think a RBGM fitted one on a standard buhlman like ), the smaller size ( compared to nitek3 with are supposed to be the same capabilities), in water mix change option, etc..make it a good option. I don´t know how good is it in real diving ( lockout problems, failures, deco model behaviour, etc) and the battery life and change (I owned a old suunto eon with is good for rec diving but i did not like the VERY fragil ring which hold the battery plastic cap in place and its short life (battery last less than a year in my experience using it very few times). so i would be interested to know more about it...

Multiple deep dives it gets a little strict... but if your planning is solid (SI, slow ascents, deepo stops) you'll be fine. It comes with a little wrench thingie that makes batt changes a snap - even on a rocking boat. Its easy to read, has an excellent gauge mode (I use it in that for single day dives) and I can't say enough good things about it.

K

will_tekkie:
Hi dear friends...

Yes, it is touchy on fast ascents and that type of thing. In my mind, it should be. I have had mine for a year and the battery is still at "full" and I have changed the battery on my Mosquito with no problems. I don't see where the Vytec would be that much different.

In short, this is a sweet computer. I would highly recommend it and have seen none of the problems that you refer to.

Have also used mine extensively with no problems whatsoever. In cold water (35 F), on deco dives (200 ffw), with 3 gas switches, and for simple rec. It is superior for everything IMHO. The only disclaimer I would advise, and this is very restrictive, is if you plan to use it for long deep trimix dives in dive mode you will end up with longer than necessary deco stops; but for those dives you could use it in gauge mode and dive tables!

theskull

I love mine for Nitrox diving, and use it as my backup for intentional deco dives on nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom