Vyper won't shut off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I dived a few dives last weekend, the most recent one over 48 hours ago, max depth less than 30 ft, bottom time just over one hour. The display hasn't gone to sleep like it normally does. Unlike my last Vyper that failed about 2 years ago, this doesn't act like it's diving. The display still shows AC, with depth and time of zero. I rinse the computer after every day of diving. Earlier today when the display still didn't shut off, I rinsed it off again, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Any suggestions on what is going on, or anything else I should try. I don't see anything in the manual that will force it to go to sleep. I don't want to kill my battery either

This is a replacement module because my old Vyper died (it kept diving, even when I surfaced, i.e., the pressure sensor went bad), and my wife's Vyper died a few months ago. Having two Vypers fail in the same year is making me question whether I want to buy any more Suunto computers

Most likely you computer set up for "water contact On" and it is not dry enough after dive.
I meet the same issue with Aladin. Just take it out from computer holder and carefully wipe.

toothbrush a couple yearly on contacts
fresh water
blow strongly on contacts

Back
Top Bottom