Vyper Glitch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just did a couple of dives in the local dive hole and used my brand new Vyper.

Anyway, the first dive didn't log on the computer. Checked the logbook and it's not there. Weird, maybe I did something strange to the setup but couldn't remember anything. It acted fine during the dive and gave all the expected information. I thought that I may have a bad one and would have to send it back.

The second dive it was fine during the dive again (I watched it very close) and check it against my buddies. This time it logged the dive like normal with the #2 on the dive. So, it just skipped the first dive. Is that weird or what??

Got home and the same thing happened on the transfer to the PC. No first dive.

Anyone else get something like this?

I have sent a email to Suunto but don't expect a great response since I couldn't find a technical section for questions and had to asked the question on the feedback section...

I believe what you're describing is a known bug that should have been corrected with new software. There's an entry on a Suunto FAQ that describes the issue and how to resolve it. It's the fifth question on the FAQ. I hope that page addresses the issue.

Just got a resonse form Suunto this morning.

They admitted that a "few" computers went out with this first dive recording flaw. They also included a software fix as well.
So I will run the software and dive, dive, dive....

Thanks for the response.

The problem was not in the Vyper itself, but in the testing software used in production to remove the 300ft test dives from the memory before shipment.

sws once bubbled...
The problem was not in the Vyper itself, but in the testing software used in production to remove the 300ft test dives from the memory before shipment.
And makes some sense, because the computer works flawlessly other than logging that very first dive.

Followup: Ran the small software patch that Suunto sent and all is well. The first dive showed up on the Vyper and was downloaded in the PC program as well.

All that angst for nothing:rolleyes:

And makes some sense, because the computer works flawlessly other than logging that very first dive.

Followup: Ran the small software patch that Suunto sent and all is well. The first dive showed up on the Vyper and was downloaded in the PC program as well.

All that angst for nothing:rolleyes:
I know this is 20(!) years ago but I have an early generation Vyper that seems to have this issue. You wouldn't perhaps still have the response and patch from Suunto would you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom