Vyper Diveplan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings, OW diver here.
I understand my dive tables well. I also enjoy the Diveplan function of my Vyper. However, I am having trouble planning a multiple dive. Can anyone assist and do you folks actually use this feature when planning dives?

Never done multiple dives before but I will have to next week. How do these things go...does everyone plan the dive together on the boat during the interval with tables and then back-check with their dive computers and agree with the divemaster on the bottom time?

the computer goes into surface mode.

If you then go into SIMPLAN, it will ask you for additional surface interval time (from now.) When you enter THAT, you are then in PLAN mode, and can run the various depth(s) you may wish to consider for their allowed bottom time.

You SHOULD check this before getting in the water, yes, so you can discuss your personal NDL as the computer sees it before you get in the water. This way everyone is aware of everyone else's time before they will display "the thumb".

Its also a good idea to tell your buddy (and the DM!) if you have a personal rule that goes with this (e.g. "I thumb with 5 minutes NDL left on the computer", etc)

Back
Top Bottom