VT3 Dive Computer programming very difficult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NickAyling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have know purchased the VT3 and a lovely Computer it is. The only problem is programming it what a nightmare. it took me over two hours to change the time to the correct one. So if it is that hard to do that god nows what the rest will be like....
Any help from anyone would be most appreciated especially if there is an idiots guide to working it or adjusting it. Does anyone know of such please, i would be most grateful for any help here?

Easiest way to program the VT3 is to use the Oceanlog software.

Configure all your settings in OceanLog and then upload from your PC to the VT3.

- Mark

Though the VT3 manual isn't the best technical manual written, I didn't have that much of an issue trying to program the unit. First of all, look at the standard default settings and see if you even need to change any of the settings at all. The standard settings are pretty much industry practice: 500-psi remaining by the time you surface, turn around alarm at 1500-psi, etc.

It's a bad manual but start at page 75 and it will make more since. Using the software is pretty easy to change the time.

Thank you all for your comments. I will try to use the software and see if thats any easier? I had heard about an idiots guide that was written by someone on here but havent been able to see it yet... any ideas??

Thank you all for your comments. I will try to use the software and see if thats any easier? I had heard about an idiots guide that was written by someone on here but havent been able to see it yet... any ideas??

Hi,
we are designing an online specialty class for the VT3 .... but it will become available only by the end of December (working on the Galileo Sol, Pro Plus 2 and Atmos AI right now ....).

To have an idea on our classes you can look at this video:

Alberto

I have the Aeris Eilte T3. I believe the same computer and manual, just different labeling. The manual and getting used to it suck. The best advice I can give is to give it time.
BUT...try using A VR3. That is a deco computer from VR industries. It makes learning the T3 easy. I can't even get the program to download the dives from the computer! I can't even get the program to stay in Feet instead on Meters! Each time I go into the program, you gotta set it to feet.

I have both cause I dive with my kid and use the T3. when he's not around, I do some deep stuff and use the VR3.

When I originally bought the T3, I was not Nitrox certified. That made learning the computer even more difficult. With the manual the way it is written.

Anyway, just give it time. It will come.

vince

Thank you everyone for your very useful comments. I will connect the VT3 to the computer and see what i can do with it. As you said it may be that i dont need to change much as long as it comes on when i go into the water. Also adjust some of the alarms etc so may not be as bad as i thought.

Push the right button and side button together until SET A comes on to change your alarm settings. Be aware that you set your Nitrox PO2 in this area instead of SET F. Default PO2 setting is 1.6, so if you want to be more conservative then come to SET A and change it to 1.4 or 1.2 or whatever you want your PO2 to be.

Push the right button and side button together until SET F comes on to set your Nitrox FO2.

That should take care of 95% of your diving unless you're planning on gas switching between two or three tanks.

fnfalman thank you for your info. I am still a new diver with only 25 open water dives so still trying to get used to everything. So when i set for nitrox for a dive i push the right button and side button until SETF to set nitrox for the dive or change back from Nitrox to air there also?
Or do i go to SET A for my nitrox setting for the dive. I wont have pony bottles or anything else just before i want to dive i set for Nitrox and the amount, is that SET A or SET F? Sorry if i am being thick, the wife has tasken the VT3 off me to wrap up fro xmas so cannot look at or read anything till then. So just trying to get it all into my head when i can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom