VRBO/Airbnb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauldw

Contributor
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads about hotels, but little about VRBO/Airbnb type vacation homes on Cozumel. My family of nine adults and six children (ages baby to I think 8) like to get together every couple of years in a vacation home. That's a lot better for togetherness than staying in a bunch of isolated hotel rooms. Some of them are tired of the Oregon coast, which has cold beaches. I'm tired of South Padre Island because the tap water tastes bad. It seems like it might be fun to do Cozumel next year if we can swing it, and also get seven of them OW certified. We don't need luxury, just clean and functional. Does anyone have specific experience with good VRBO/Airbnb type of vacation homes in Cozumel?

There are a lot of threads about hotels, but little about VRBO/Airbnb type vacation homes on Cozumel. My family of nine adults and six children (ages baby to I think 8) like to get together every couple of years in a vacation home. That's a lot better for togetherness than staying in a bunch of isolated hotel rooms. Some of them are tired of the Oregon coast, which has cold beaches. I'm tired of South Padre Island because the tap water tastes bad. It seems like it might be fun to do Cozumel next year if we can swing it, and also get seven of them OW certified. We don't need luxury, just clean and functional. Does anyone have specific experience with good VRBO/Airbnb type of vacation homes in Cozumel?
Likely going to take a couple of houses.

That's a really big house. Often the price scales higher than several smaller places because there are so few places that can accomodate 15 people. My fear in booking a large house for a large group like that would be a late cancellation on the part of the owner. I see horror stories along those lines on reddit a lot and there is little that can be done. You might even have trouble finding rooms in the same hotel except for the larger hotels.

If you were to get about 6 rooms at a small hotel like Villa Aldoras or small places in town you would likely dominate the amenities and have lots of togetherness while preserving the ability to pull back for some quiet time to yourself.

We tend to rent small villas direct from owner these days and find most of them on Facebook in groups like Cozumel4You.

There are lots of condo/VRBO options in Coz and several that might meet what you are looking for. Most of the big house are way south. Checkout Cozumel Villas or http://www.cozumel.tc

We stay at Las Uvas (villaslasuvas.com) frequently, it has a 5 bedroom house and condos next door. That has worked well for us when part of the group wants their private space. It’s on the beach, private pool, BBQs, very comfortable and roomy. Not far from town (near Money Bar).

@cvchief has a place that might suit your needs.

You can check in Costa del sol houses or ask in cozumel4 you group where there are lots of local who rent vacations houses

I'm tired of South Padre Island because the tap water tastes bad.
You can't drink the tap water on the island you know?

There are a few possible options , but I don’t have any personal experience with them.

Friend rented this place for few days and loved it as I recall :

This company has a few options
[Our Villas - Luxury Cozumel]

Casa Gordon has been around forever
[Casa Gordon - Cozumel Vacation Rental Villa]

There is also another large house on the water that I don’t know the name of (kind of has ancient theme to it, not pyramids but I don’t know what that style is called ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom