Vortoberfest VI - 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several springs in the area to dive and several saltwater sites close by as well as caves for some who are into cave diving. It would be very easy to dive 3 different springs in one day or mix it up however you wish. In the evenings we literally have a world class cookout.. Good diving, good food and good friends, that about sums it up.

There will be food too.

Hey I mentioned food. However I forgot beer!!! D'oh!!!

Kevin, Matt, you guys are Kraken me up! :D
Now as I think about all the food you mention, sometimes; I think the Food Network could do an episode on Vortoberfest or Springfest. Hmmmm..... a Bobby Flay throwdown?:eyebrow:

Kevin, Matt, you guys are Kraken me up! :D
Now as I think about all the food you mention, sometimes; I think the Food Network could do an episode on Vortoberfest or Springfest. Hmmmm..... a Bobby Flay throwdown?:eyebrow:

Nice pun there Jimi :D I think we would get Bobby some good ratings.

Fun filled gathering of divers at Vortex Springs, there will be food and drink, laughs, and food. There will be food. There will likely be some diving and food. I think we will eat eventually. There will be food.

We typically dive several area springs, some divers opt to head further south to dive the Gulf(when its not oily). We all eat.

so which springs? Sorry, but I am not in the area and looking at maybe coming out this fall and wondering what would be the best places to hit. What would you recommend for maybe 3 days of diving?

robin:D

so which springs? Sorry, but I am not in the area and looking at maybe coming out this fall and wondering what would be the best places to hit. What would you recommend for maybe 3 days of diving?

Vortex and Morrison Springs are not far from each other, north and south of I-10 on the same exit, and are easy to do both in one day. Vortex has an on-site shop, where Morrison's doesn't. The next day you could book an inshore or offshore charter out of Panama City. Lot's of wrecks to choose from. And on the third day, if you hit it right, dive the Oriskany out of Pensacola.

If you are going to come that far then the one spring you must dive is Cypress. Keep an eye on this thread and you will see dive plans develop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom