Vortoberfest VI - 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was that Face Book date???

the K

It was about an hour ago Krak.

It seems that Shane and Andrea are no longer managers at Vortex. We must renegotiate the Vortoberfest with the new managers. They are apparently cleaning house so there may not be any familiar faces to be found.....

It seems that Shane and Andrea are no longer managers at Vortex. We must renegotiate the Vortoberfest with the new managers. They are apparently cleaning house so there may not be any familiar faces to be found.....
Do you know if any of the local folks who frequent Vortex and attend Vortoberfest, have talked with the new management yet? I'm sorta curious if it will have any impact on the events SB holds. I hope NOT!

why would they not want a large group of people showing up to pay $20 a day to dive there and more $$$ to camp there and get air/nitrox fills?

I doubt this will be an issue.

why would they not want a large group of people showing up to pay $20 a day to dive there and more $$$ to camp there and get air/nitrox fills?

I doubt this will be an issue.
I would tend to agree, however; I don't like to assume anything. I have paid for that practice in the past.:wink:

As some of you might have heard, I am no longer at Vortex. I have been laid off due to a disagreement between me and the owners. We have been at odds for a while and it finally came to a head when they decided not to pay me for my vacation to the Florida Keys last week. All of you know how hard I worked for that place just to be treated like this. I love all of you and that you for your support and confidence for the last 3 years. I would like to stay in the diving industry so if anyone knows of a management position at a dive shop in the area, please let me know.
Thanks again,
Shane

Back
Top Bottom