Vortoberfest VI - 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be working on my Jimmy Buffet stuff between now and then . . .

the K

Does everyone camp out at Vortex for the cookouts and such? My husband and I have never been to one though each year we say this is gonna be it. He has vacation time this year, so...I'd like to get some of the nitty gritty details of it all. Thanks for the input.

:turtle:

Does everyone camp out at Vortex for the cookouts and such? My husband and I have never been to one though each year we say this is gonna be it. He has vacation time this year, so...I'd like to get some of the nitty gritty details of it all. Thanks for the input.

Most people either camp or rent out one of the cabins that are available at Vortex. The majority of people come in on Friday and leave on Sunday. Vortex Springs is used as a base camp and dives are organized to dive Vortex, Morrison, Cypress, St. Andrews Jetties, and even a boat dive if weather allows. Saturday is the big cookout and everyone gathers up with their favorite beverage, eat way too much food, and sing Karaoke if you are so inclined.

And there are a couple of inexpensive motels located nearby.

Regardless of what accommodations you require, just come and join us!!!

the K

And there are a couple of inexpensive motels located nearby.

Regardless of what accommodations you require, just come and join us!!!

the K
PM'd Shane for campsite #9 again. Can't wait! :dork2:

The Kraken's Lair is secure !!!

Gotta stay out of the Kraken Rum at Vortoberfest !!!

the K

so which springs? Sorry, but I am not in the area and looking at maybe coming out this fall and wondering what would be the best places to hit. What would you recommend for maybe 3 days of diving?
robin:D

Diving Cypress Spring on Vimeo

Morrison after dark on Vimeo

St. Andrews, Panama City, Florida on Vimeo

We usually show up Thursday to set camp, and maybe get in a local night dive. Friday we hit several of the springs in the area, and Saturday we hit Panama City for a charter or shore dive. Good vittles are cooked Friday and Saturday night. Realistically, we always have too much protein, so if you want to bring grill-able veggies, deserts, etc., you'll probably find someone willing to barter some burgers, dogs, chops, steaks, filets, sausages, claws, tails, fingers or ribs.

Here are some pics from past Vortober and SpringFests:

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_2765a.jpg

IMG_2782a.jpg

IMG_19351.jpg

Some sad news. According to Shane on FB he is no longer with Vortex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom