Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Canoes 4 U in Vernon about canoe rentals and she stated that she only has two for rent and won't be open this weekend. Fortunately, she stated that there is a new guy that has opened up a canoe rental shop by the bridge in Vernon for those who may be interested in diving Cypress Springs and don't have a canoe.

Der Kraken
Erinnern Sie sich letztes Jahr? Holen Sie Socken für Ihre kalten Füße!
der Kühlraumeliminator

Ja, ich erinnere letzte Jahr.
Aber, ich verstehe nicht was meinen Sie uber "Holen Sie Socken fur Ihre kalten Fusse!"

der K-egmeister

I planing on driving to Vortex Friday morning and hope to get a few dives in Friday. I have to work Saturday from 7 to 11 AM so I'll be driving back Friday evening to Tallahassee. I'm thinking about driving back to Vortex Saturday after work and possibly staying till Sunday. Does anyone have any space left in their campsite? I'll gladly split the cost!

I had a good thought that was too late for this years Vortoberfest. It seems that during Vortoberfest the tides always shift towards the night time. With high tide being at night this would make for perfect conditions for a night dive at the PC jetties. Unfortunately the only way that you can dive the PC jetties is to either have a campsite ($25) or have an annual pass ($120). Maybe next year I can rent a campsite and just not stay there. This way I would have the pass code for that evening and I could legally go into the park and night dive :wink:.

I planing on driving to Vortex Friday morning and hope to get a few dives in Friday. I have to work Saturday from 7 to 11 AM so I'll be driving back Friday evening to Tallahassee. I'm thinking about driving back to Vortex Saturday after work and possibly staying till Sunday. Does anyone have any space left in their campsite? I'll gladly split the cost!

I'm sure there will be spaces as mentioned previously, if you bring your stuff, I'm sure someone will be able to squeeze you in.

As for us, we are bringing the clofty Taj Mahal and my teen son's personal abode so I'm not sure we'll have very much space. Besides you don't wanna be hearing me nag my son to get out of bed at 4pm in the arvo! Oh that's right he'll be without the internet, maybe I'll even get to talk to him. lol!

Oh by the way for those heading off early, may you be safe and we'll see you there.

Last edited:
It was chilly and you were standing there in your sandals looking forlorn and I asked you what was wrong. You said that you wished you had brought socks.

Ja, ich erinnere letzte Jahr.
Aber, ich verstehe nicht was meinen Sie uber "Holen Sie Socken fur Ihre kalten Fusse!"

der K-egmeister

I am 8A. My tent will have the big Shark on top. I should be there no later than 6:30pm. U are welcome to squat on my site if you like. A few of us will be heading to Sally's for breakfast Friday morning then off to Morrison Springs which is on the other side of town. You are welcome to join us there. :)

My car is now packed except for the coolers, which I will pack up in the AM. Can't wait to see everyone!

LASSEN Sie VORTOBERFEST BEGINNEN!

Carolyn:shark2:

I am 8A. My tent will have the big Shark on top. I should be there no later than 6:30pm. U are welcome to squat on my site if you like. A few of us will be heading to Sally's for breakfast Friday morning then off to Morrison Springs which is on the other side of town. You are welcome to join us there.

My car is now packed except for the coolers, which I will pack up in the AM. Can't wait to see everyone!

LASSEN Sie VORTOBERFEST BEGINNEN!

Thanks Carolyn!

I'll look for you all at Sally's Friday morning! What time are you planning on getting to Sally's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom