Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all try to dive and drink responsibly so no worries about that. However, what comes about as entertainment, well, it all depends on how many cherries Denise eats! :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

Nooooooooooo!! It is not my fault!!!!!

:wink:

I volunteer my services as a chaperon. I will keep my eyes on the imbibing ladies and any found to be overindulging will be dealt with accordingly.

As chaperon you may not have any concealed weapons. That includes any flash photography or video...

I heard some people got together and bought a king sized air mattress for Bug Man to pitch his tent upon.

Think that'll keep him dry???

the K

One should not confuse the owner of Vortex Spring with the manager of the dive operation. We have previously moved the non-thread activities of the owner to the Pub. One can discuss it there until one's ears fall off. Remember you have only heard ONE side of the story.

RAVE to the MANAGERS of the dive operation who are a wonderful couple that have a most difficult job of keeping the facility solvent but yet affordable for us while caught in the middle of a childish feud. (The last time I spent 12 million on anything was for dinner in Turkey) Look at the improvements to the lodging, diving, and the gravel on the road in recent times.

Let's take this moment as we progress toward Vortoberfest and thank the staff and management of Vortex Spring for hosting us. The disgusting bunch of mud-wallowers that we are.

Thank you Shane, Andrea, Eddie, David, Shannon, Zach, Gypsie, Elana, and all the other folks who work so hard and put up with so much each and every day. And thank you Mr. Kelly for keeping the place open and providing the fisical necessities for running such a fine facility.

Now let's get back to the countdown to Vortoberfest with only positive thoughts.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

the K

I heard some people got together and bought a king sized air mattress for Bug Man to pitch his tent upon.

Think that'll keep him dry???

the K

If it rains hard enough, and the campground just floods, we can just "float" his mattress/tent out in the basin and he can just do a back-roll off it to dive the next morning :thumb:

If it rains hard enough, and the campground just floods, we can just "float" his mattress/tent out in the basin and he can just do a back-roll off it to dive the next morning :thumb:

He should just park Ms. Jellyfish under a tarp. That way he'll be covered in all situations and ready to dive when the sun comes up.

He should just park Ms. Jellyfish under a tarp. That way he'll be covered in all situations and ready to dive when the sun comes up.

Now if he got accustomed to sleeping in his boat we would never see him again!!:D

Now if he got accustomed to sleeping in his boat we would never see him again!!:D

Bugman can sleep anywhere....

he even pitched his tent in the basin one time and slept there, all geared up

3083040016_53a1bd70a5_o.jpg

you should see his fancy sleeping bag

2809777825_00a285c40e_o.gif

Bad news for shore divers :depressed:

Tides for St. Andrew Bay Channel entrance starting with October 9, 2009

Fr 9 High 12:28 AM 2.0
Sa 10 High 1:36 AM 2.0
Su 11 High 2:48 AM 2.0

Tides for East Pass (Destin) starting with October 9, 2009

Fr 9 High 1:33 AM 1.0