Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, all,
that "Vortoberfest V" is a :sblogo: sanctioned event!

So let's all try to present ourselves and The Board in the best possible light to the management and staff of Vortex Spring and all the other divers who are there.

Remember, you have only one chance to make a good first impression.

Now that doesn't mean ya can't have fun . . . . :wink:

The Kraken

Last edited:
Remember, all,
that "Vortoberfest V" is a :sblogo: sanctioned event!

So let's all try to present ourselves and The Board in the best possible light to the management and staff of Vortex Spring and all the other divers who are there.

Remember, you have only one chance to make a good first impression.

that's kinda ironic, seeing how the owner of Vortex was just arrested for beating one of his employees with a baseball bat.

Mike_S,

I still haven't seen any prima facie evidence of this yet . . .

but regardless, whomever this person is, he's not a ScubaBoard member and his actions do not reflect those of ScubaBoard members nor are his actions related to our gathering.

I'm simply asking that ScubaBoard members keep in mind the spirit of the gathering.

The Kraken

I still haven't seen any prima facie evidence of this yet . . .

I don't consider this evidence, but it sure doesn't sound like a good situation, and also remember that he's innocent until proven guilty under our court system.

but here is the news article about it that was in the local papers.

One arrested for aggravated battery | ponce, aggravated, arrested - Breaking News - ChipleyPaper.com

One arrested for aggravated battery
September 03, 2009 11:58 AM
JAY FELSBERG - Managing Editor

PONCE DE LEON – A Holmes County man has been arrested for aggravated battery after he accused an employee of stealing $30,000 and allegedly attacked him Monday with a baseball bat.

Sgt. John Tate of the Holmes County Sheriff’s Office said that Lowell Kelly, owner of Vortex Springs, believed that one of his employees, Bill House, had stolen $30,000 from Kelly’s home. Tate said that Kelly took House out on Valley Road off of State 81 Monday ostensibly to look at a job.

When they got to a field on the road Tate said Kelly confronted House about the alleged theft that House denied. Kelly then allegedly pulled a baseball bat out the back of his truck and assaulted House, causing injuries that required stitches.

Kelly is charged with aggravated battery, a felony charge. Tate said Kelly has been released on bond.

Ok...let's keep it positive. We have never had anything bad happen at the fests. It's a great time and the only thing you may not get is sleep! We all try to dive and drink responsibly so no worries about that. However, what comes about as entertainment, well, it all depends on how many cherries Denise eats! :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

. However, what comes about as entertainment, well, it all depends on how many cherries Denise eats! :wink:

Carolyn:shark2:

Nooooooooooo!! It is not my fault!!!!!

(I am so thankful DJ Johnny Mac never installed that pole) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom