Vortoberfest V - 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docc are you gonna take time out of your busy travels to attend? :D

Yes Sir. I plan to come down Thursday night and stay for the duration. I hope I can clear some time prior to that to get with Kenny P. and take Cavern/Intro. I hear rumors that there are some very impressive holes in the ground down that way.

HMMM.. I might could show you one or two.. That would be cool. You will enjoy those classes.

Yes Sir. I plan to come down Thursday night and stay for the duration. I hope I can clear some time prior to that to get with Kenny P. and take Cavern/Intro. I hear rumors that there are some very impressive holes in the ground down that way.

Nope....it's a boat dive.

Yeah when we say offshore...we mean way offshore! LOL! Here is the link to the dive operator and sites that we can look into diving based on weather conditions of course. Shipwrecks, reefs and other Panama City dive sites

Some people like to dive the PC Jetties which is a beach entry, it can be a good dive, but visibility can get bad there too.

That is the great thing about this event, there are lots of places, and lots of ways to dive!

Carolyn:shark2:

Docc...have we have wooed you over to the Dark Side? :wink:
1292769903_l.jpg

Yeah when we say offshore...we mean way offshore! LOL! Here is the link to the dive operator and sites that we can look into diving based on weather conditions of course. Shipwrecks, reefs and other Panama City dive sites

Some people like to dive the PC Jetties which is a beach entry, it can be a good dive, but visibility can get bad there too.

That is the great thing about this event, there are lots of places, and lots of ways to dive!

I am in for a boat dive this trip, for the high tides will not be in our favor for beach diving.

OK offshore, not off shore - just give me time, I'll catch-on to the Florida lingo. Count my sister and I in - looks like lots of good wreck diving. I just got a new Canon G-10 with in an Ikelite housing and a wet wide-angle lens, so it will get a good workout. I personally much prefer diving from a boat.

So my sister and I are flying into Florida and renting a car, we have the hotel room, so we don't need a camp spot right? Just a place to park. Do we need to make arrangements for tanks and weights either at Vortex or for the boat dive?

OK, need to pack because I'm getting ready to go to Monterey, CA this weekend to dive in the lovely cold water with the kelp and harbor seals. I got majorly buzzed by one the last time. I felt something tugging at my dry suit. First time it happened, I turned around and screamed into my reg. :shocked2: Then he disappeared. Bummed, I turned back to the rock to take more pictures of crabs. Then it happened again, tugging at the back of my dry suit. Then he started swimming around and around me, like he was playing with another seal, then swam through my legs from behind, up my torso and stopped face-to-face with me. I started to bring my camera up slowly, he looked at the camera and swam off. He didn't come back. :depressed:

Hopefully the next time SharkLady and I come upon a shark, I can get some closer shots.

Unfortunately, I can't swim as fast as a shark.

the K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom