Vortex and Morrison Springs 1-29-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley:
The magnificence of acres and acres of trees, their limbs bowing to weary travelers and sending a loud and clear message, “There is good and beauty, even on the bad days. If all were perfect, there would be no adventure!”

I love your optimism. I agree. Sometimes I think, "Boy it's cold, BUT I could be at work." I think it's best to thank the one above for the chance to dive!

Thank you Darcy - I love your signature except the fish are not always silent. Have you heard the grunt of the Toadfish or the crackle of the shrimp or the song of the whale or the laugh of the dolphin or the thump of the Jewfish?

The sea can be filled with wonderful sounds - They are a gift from God - Experience them all!

darcy:
I love your optimism. I agree. Sometimes I think, "Boy it's cold, BUT I could be at work." I think it's best to thank the one above for the chance to dive!

I have heard the shrimp. I first noticed the sound around the St. Andrews Jetties. My DM friend explained it to me. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest though. I am always humbled by the water. :wink:

Hi all,
I was at Vortex and diving on last Sunday. What a beautiful day. At first I thought that I was going to miss another weekend of diving due to work but late Saturday night I found myself free. I managed to drive down late and was there at 0730 ready to dive. I met up with a class from North Georgia using the tables next to where I was setting up. I did dives with a pair of gentlemen that were along with the students. What a dive! The water was surprisingly warm and was clearer than I could have even imagined. This was def. not the quarries I had dived in NC (which to be honest i enjoy as well) or the Atlantic ocean . They do not lie when they say Gin clear. I got some excellent pictures of the fish and a few of the cavern before the bottom got stirred up. The Spring was busy but not as bad as Saturday from what I heard. In the afternoon my new friends from N. Georgia took off for home. I then linked up with another group and watched a open water class in progress. Very intresting and the dive master, greg, had the undevided attention of all his students. It was fun to see eager faces intrested in diving. Over all it was a good sunday I had alot of fun and met some great people. I will dive Vortex again. With the clear water and friendly atmosphere I think it is an awesome place.
As a matter of fact I am thinking about going tomorrow 5 Feb. Hope to see you there.

erik

Hiya erik

If you were impressed by the water clarity at Vortex, you should really meet up with us one of these days at Cypress Springs - you won't find the suspended particles you'll see at Vortex at Cypress! We have a trip heading over there on the 13th if you're interested.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Hiya erik

If you were impressed by the water clarity at Vortex, you should really meet up with us one of these days at Cypress Springs - you won't find the suspended particles you'll see at Vortex at Cypress! We have a trip heading over there on the 13th if you're interested.

I am def intrested. I got to make sure the work load isnt to bad next week. I dont want ya'll to plan on me being there and then not show up. Its hard to tell how much Ill have until mid week. I wont commit yet but I am going to try if you have room.

Erik

Well 5 Feb got canned. The guy I was going to drive with backed out. This is the tough thing about driving almost 400 miles round trip. Very frustrating. I will drive down alone tonite I guess. I would leave now but it just doesnt seem like I will get much diving in today. Anyone going to be there (Vortex) sunday or is everyone going to be watching the Superbowl? Im going to need a buddy. I can be there as early as 7am.

Erik

No diving for me this weekend, Mardi Gras and SuperBowl are clogging up my weekend.

Next weekend is a different story though :wink:

Yep, we meet at Vortex for tanks and canoes - canoes are $50 to rent($25 if you buddy up with someone).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom