Volente

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver:
From what I've heard, the farm house is prety much collapsed. The windmill is supposed to be laid over on its side. I dove it about 10 years ago but was only able to find the rock fence line.

Still it's something new to dive other than WP, the dam, WP, the dam etc. Probably a good idea to keep cutting tools within easy reach.

NadMat:
Shaggie, we need to get together with a map of the lake and discuss, maybe it was far enough down that was not where I was driving 4 by in past low lake levels, but you gotta remember that having lived 10 minutes away from cypress creek park for most of time since '74, I have seen the lake at a lot of different levels. Come out up to the the Finns HH saturday and we can talk about it over a map and a beer or two :wink:

As much as I'd like to get together with you and my fellow Swampers this saturday, I'll be out of town for this next week. Another time though.

How much lower have you seen the lake? I've only lived in the area for about 5 yrs.

I think you are talking about the Anderson Mill. This was a Water Mill that made gunpowder during the civil war and ground corn afterwords until it closed. It is definitely in the Cypress Creek Arm. There is a group that has a museum which has a replica of the mill. I talked to the lady there and she said they knocked it down to the foundation before the lake flooded. She said the original mill was down the hill from her museum which kind of cooresponded to the area by the marina (maybe just up or down from it).

Anyway if anyone comes up with any new info I would love to see it.

shaggie:
As much as I'd like to get together with you and my fellow Swampers this saturday, I'll be out of town for this next week. Another time though.

How much lower have you seen the lake? I've only lived in the area for about 5 yrs.

Sorry you won't be able to join us, maybe next time around, or out at WP sometime.

I have driven across from one side to the other at the point just past the marina toward ramp, it was not dry all the way there, but low enough to drive across with a big tire 4by. The closest place that was swimmable was the shoreline over by the marina (which was smaller then, and pushed out into the main channel). At that time there was a boat hull laying there and some groupings of rocks that could have been some sort of foundation remains. And I have seen it up over the road above the entrance to the park, deep enough that you did not want to try and drive thru, even with a big tire 4by. Before it got all grown up out this way, there wasn't a whole lot else to do but go out and play at the lake. It was also free at that time which was also good.

I'll PM you when I get back from my trip and find a day we can get together for a couple of dives and maybe a beer or two.

John

John, Hope your not flying out, with all the new TSA rules :(

But look forward to hearing from you when your back. Got a new Pro QD I've been dying to get wet and been unable to match schedules with any of buddies to do so. Best I've got so far is a firm maybe for this Sat before the HH.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom