Volente

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat:
You talking Cypress creek arm, main lake, or Sandy Creek arm? I've done some diving around all three areas in past, none very recently, but will try to help if I can.

Dont know! open for suggestions !

Well in past, I dove a lot along cypress creek arm, on the same side (south) as Barstows park all the way back along till you get to sight of boat ramp at cypress creek, which you can not do currently because of low lake levels, but the steep rock walls along there offer a lot of interesting features and in past there was a shrimp boat back there put there by Don Brod of TSS for benifit of his students and customers, haven't been to check if is still there, but will try to remember approximate location for you. The north side of Cypress creek arm is mostly muddy bottom with a gentle slope and I usually only dove there to help friends re-anchor their docks. I went to school at Leander High school in late '70's and many of my school friends lived out volente area. The main lake section is not bad diving, and a lot of fair diving along Sandy creek arm as well, but most of it requires either knowing a property owner or having a boat to access it. Bring a map by the Swamper HH at Finns and I'll be glad to point a few spots out, or if not in a big hurry, I will try to get around to finding and editing a map image of area to point out the spots I remember.

I've seen on an old pre-dam map that a house and windmill are located maybe north west of the point near the boat ramp. Have your ever found that NadMat? I've been thinking of going to look for it one of these days. Except for finding the structure, I think it would be a muddy flat bottom though.

shaggie:
I've seen on an old pre-dam map that a house and windmill are located maybe north west of the point near the boat ramp. Have your ever found that NadMat? I've been thinking of going to look for it one of these days. Except for finding the structure, I think it would be a muddy flat bottom though.

Your right about muddy and flat, and while I have not done much diving that far up into the end of the arm, except for some braille diving attempting to recover some objects lost overboard, I have driven my 4by thru most of that end during record low lake levels and not seen much, although I do seem to recall there are what may be some foundation remains in that area.

From what I seen on the map, the farm house should be in about 50 ft of water now.

Shaggie, we need to get together with a map of the lake and discuss, maybe it was far enough down that was not where I was driving 4 by in past low lake levels, but you gotta remember that having lived 10 minutes away from cypress creek park for most of time since '74, I have seen the lake at a lot of different levels. Come out up to the the Finns HH saturday and we can talk about it over a map and a beer or two :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom