Visiting Phils mid dec to mid Jan, looking for tips and dive Buds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technobro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys

I am going to Philippines from mid dec to mid Jan
Certified Naui Ow since this summer and have 15 dives.

Is mid dec to mid Jan a good timing , wheather , diving wise ????

Im looking for good affordable place to dive and stay
I would like to visit many place and dive as much as i can.
And make this trip momorable.

Any tips , of any sort would be really appreciate

I found ''http://www.cebupacificair.com/'' could be a good way to travell from an island to another ,Looks they have amazing price. I guess its gettho planes , but its ok whit me.

I know i am not suppose to fly after dive So Am i better whit Boats ?
Is there a boat online service.

All i have plan for now is A few days in Boracay sweet gurl i meet online ....

I hope i can party , dive, and have a guiness pint whit u guys !! hehe

Ps: Do they have Guiness in phils ? :cool2:

Major THX

Okay! Let's see if I can help you out on some of your questions! First with 15 dives in you'll do fine however there are a few places here with a current so stay alert! The visability during Dec. Jan. is just fine you should get 65 feet any where you go but although it never rains under water it will on the surface and it'll still be the rainy season so expect some rain! I did see where you are going to Cebu so if you decide to go else where Jump on the super ferry there and go to Caygayan D Oro in Misamis Oriental the ship leaves at 7 pm and you'll be in CDO at about 6am. You can take a cab from CDO and go to Duka Bay the cost of the room is cheap and the dive masters they have there are good they'll keep a good eye on you and keep you out of trouble! If I'm not doing anything during your stay will be glad to help give you a tour of the area. I moved here 3 years ago got married and decided to stay so live in a town called Gingoog not far from Duka and you pronounce it HenHog. The people and the area is fantastic here and you'll find the diving cheap and fantastic! You can get Guiness I suppose but you'll find that SanMigel is just as good or better yet get the rum it is great!

Okay! Let's see if I can help you out on some of your questions! First with 15 dives in you'll do fine however there are a few places here with a current so stay alert! The visability during Dec. Jan. is just fine you should get 65 feet any where you go but although it never rains under water it will on the surface and it'll still be the rainy season so expect some rain! I did see where you are going to Cebu so if you decide to go else where Jump on the super ferry there and go to Caygayan D Oro in Misamis Oriental the ship leaves at 7 pm and you'll be in CDO at about 6am. You can take a cab from CDO and go to Duka Bay the cost of the room is cheap and the dive masters they have there are good they'll keep a good eye on you and keep you out of trouble! If I'm not doing anything during your stay will be glad to help give you a tour of the area. I moved here 3 years ago got married and decided to stay so live in a town called Gingoog not far from Duka and you pronounce it HenHog. The people and the area is fantastic here and you'll find the diving cheap and fantastic! You can get Guiness I suppose but you'll find that SanMigel is just as good or better yet get the rum it is great!

are you connected to eddie yap of duka bay? i dove with one of his SWAG guys last year.

Puerto Galera; A 2 hour drive south of Manila and a 45 min boat ride to Sabang beach. The most varied diving you can find; deep; rec.; tech.;nature ( over 600 species of nudibranchs in the Verde Is passage); wreck (330 fsw to the Queen of the Orient); shark cave,; etc. I dove with Action Divers in Little LaLaguna beach.
Anilao; Also a 2 hour drive south of Manila but no boat ride. Great diving there also.
Mactan Is. in Cebu; Also in Cebu Moalboa, and Malapascua, (thresher sharks).
Bohol; Dive the 'Black Forrest' in Balicasag.
Dumagete; Great 'muck' diving , and ther is Apo Is. great nature diving.
The airplanes are not 'ghetto'.
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines

hey thanks man , great tips

What do u mean by ''330 fsw '' ?

He means the wreck is in 330 Feet of Salt Water.

I'm from Montreal too and had a blast in Sabang! You'll love the Philippines! The diving is great, and so are the people!

Heheh evryone talk about this place in a so positive ways

330 feet long i guess ?

He's talking about the "Princess of the Orient" I think and it is 330 feet deep to it's shallowist part, or about 100m - 125m to the deepest part.

It's not really a PG dive, but the boat usually goes from there to the wreck which lies off Fortune Island outside of Manila Bay.

See the video Diving the Princess of the Orient on Vimeo

If you are interested in doing anything tech, then give me a call, we have a great course called enhanced skills that was specially written for TDI, to help newer divers like yourself progress to being a great diver more easily.[Apologies to all for the pitch :D]

Good luck,

Matt.

He's talking about the "Princess of the Orient" I think and it is 330 feet deep to it's shallowist part, or about 100m - 125m to the deepest part.

It's not really a PG dive, but the boat usually goes from there to the wreck which lies off Fortune Island outside of Manila Bay.

See the video Diving the Princess of the Orient on Vimeo

If you are interested in doing anything tech, then give me a call, we have a great course called enhanced skills that was specially written for TDI, to help newer divers like yourself progress to being a great diver more easily.[Apologies to all for the pitch :D]

Good luck,

Matt.

My name is Matt Reed and I endorse this message!

Back
Top Bottom