Visiting Phils mid dec to mid Jan, looking for tips and dive Buds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alright , another question , Do i need a visa for 30 days ?

i try to search this info on my gouv website , but they are talking about a 21 days i can extended its not clear ?
afik 21 days is standard... there are immigration offices in most major cities and tourism hubs... the others may know more about this...

Jag

i think gilligan mentioned in an old thread how easy it is to have it extended. maybe you should send him a PM.

Alright thanks you guys again , really nice to have ressource to talk about those things ...

If i understand right i have to make a demand at the ambassy of Philippines in Canada right ?

Nope! Not connected with Eddie but we know each other! Prior to coming over here I was with Grand Divers Supply out of Vinita Oklahoma as their instructor been diving since 1965 so since I was in the Navy I managed to dive all over the world! I am connected with Gingood divers and we do most of the reef restoration/cleanup and have surveyed most of the reefs in this area. The pay sucks but do get a meal and air so can't complain any! I dive Duka because it's close to me the reef is good and they let me do my own thing!

The average visa is 21 days after that you have to buy another for 45 days on that one that 21 days starts at the time you leave your country with me it took 3 days to get here so I had to extend earlier! I have a dual residence now so don't worry about those any more but they are easy to get and most all over here use that method to stay longer.

okok thanks you

Also can anyone confirm this , I do need a 220V to 120V converter , ? Right ?

Okay! take it you are from Canada? I was from the U.S. I didn't even apply for a visa when I got here they stamped me for the 21 days and everything was fine. I had mine extended in Cebu when the time came up but now I could if I needed to have it done in Butuan which is about 60 kilometers away! The renewal is done at their immigration not the Canadian Immigration and I think it's about 3.400 Pesos ($65 USD) on the next one and it's for 45 days.

Everything you have will if you look at the thing work on the 220V my razor my lap top my phone charger all worked just fine here. But better read what it says on the thing before you plug it in because it is 220V here!

yes. most outlets here provide 220v. but arent most gadgets universal now and can use 100v-240v?

From their site Consular Service: Issuance of Visa
''Canadian passport holders visiting the Philippines and staying less than 21 days do not need a visa. A passport with a validity of 6 months, and a round-trip plane ticket must be presented to the Immigration authorities upon arrival in the Philippines.

For a stay in the Philippines for more than 21 days, Canadians may apply for a 59-day tourist visa, valid for a single entry.''

Whit that i should not have to do renew/extention, And its 45$ cnd So its all good.

Thanks for the outlet info, you guys are right , my phone charger and laptop do have 220V too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom