Visiting Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Please transfer as needed...

A friend is staying for a week in Miami and would like to go scuba diving. She's been diving for 2 years but mostly in Ontario lakes. Can anyone recommend where & how she can join a group to dive for a day or two? She plans to bring her BCD and regulator but may need tanks, weights, etc.

Cheers.

Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Please transfer as needed...

A friend is staying for a week in Miami and would like to go scuba diving. She's been diving for 2 years but mostly in Ontario lakes. Can anyone recommend where & how she can join a group to dive for a day or two? She plans to bring her BCD and regulator but may need tanks, weights, etc.

Cheers.

Have her post right here in the Florida Conch Divers Forum. I'm sure there are many here who will dive with her.

Hi Sprinter,

As already mentioned, have your friend post here in the Conch Divers' Forum. When will she be here, what kind of diving would she like to do (reef, wreck, deep, boat, beach, ...), etc.?

dk2943 already recommended RJ Diving Ventures in Miami. I have not dived with them myself, but I have heard good things. There are also a large number of quality charters in the Ft. Lauderdale are. Take a look at the following link for more information: SoFla Dive Boats. There is also an active group of beach divers in the area, if that is of interest, although the beach dives are always .

The Conch Divers are a very active group, and I'm sure that she'll be able to find a buddy. If she's diving from a charter, they should be able to provide her with any equipment she needs. And, of course, there are a number of dive shops in the area that can help with rental gear.

Basically, have your friend let us know what her plans are, and I'm sure that there'll be ScubaBoarders who will be in the water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom