Visiting Ft. Lauderdale...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Winters:
Starfish is a well-run dive op, but their boat is not that great for diving.
No Ladder?? I am not a fan of doing the flop onto a platform.

I don't remember if there was a ladder or not. The interior layout of the boat didn't work for me, but I might be a little pickier than most people since I used to build and refit boats. Craig is a good guy to dive with though.

Starfish has a ladder and handrails. Also Doubles freindly.
I havn't found a poor operator among any mentioned here, and splashdown has a great following of regular divers as well as the rest.

Just as a note some dump off groups "whereever" on the dive, which causes concern about safety and response time issues. Keep alert for boat traffic!

Hey Hillary...if you need a buddy, let me know. I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale from March 11 on.

Ok well I'm getting a bit excited now. Wow...a wetsuit dive. It's been awhile! I looked at both the outfits recommended and they look good. Wow...tho...2 boat dives for 57.50 plus 30. for nitrox tank/ fill. That's alot steeper than what I pay for diving in CA. But it's cheaper than when I spend my days off shopping...:D

waterbearer:
WOW...you've dove without a wetsuit?!?! I don't know what THAT'S like.
lol...

The water temp on my last dive was 53 degrees. That...was with a DRYSUIT. :)

Ah, I see. So you are way tougher than me. Here I thought you had some primo tropical diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom