Visa extension in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The easiest way to obtain a Visa extension in Bohol is by going to Bohol Travel located downstairs from the Immigration Office. Simply leave your Passport with them and sign the government form. For a fee of 100 Pesos they will go upstairs to the Immigration Office and obtain your extension. No photos or copies of your Passport are needed as well as not having to deal with a dress code. The process can be completed on the same day if you arrive before lunch. The Immigration Office closes for lunch.

I obtained my first 59 day extension on 5 March 2008 and the fees increased by 500 Pesos as of 1 March. The total cost of the FIRST 59 day extension is now 4300 Pesos (plus 100 to Bohol Travel)

The fee breakdown is as follows:
1000 Extension fee
300 Emmigration Clearance/Special Return Certificate (APF)
1000 Legal Fees (ACR)
250 Alien Head Tax
500 B.I.Clearance Certificate
700 ECC
50 LRF
500 Express lane
4300 Total

It is my understanding the "Express Lane" fee will apply at all offices.

The Bohol Immigration Office is located on Pres. Carlos P. Garcia Avenue across from the Caltex gas station.

office.jpg

Thanks for the helpful tip!

I wish I had used an agency when I renewed my visa recently (for the first time) in Cebu. It would have saved a four hour wait, despite the 'express' fee, during which one of the members of staff offered me an extension to a full year in return for a hefty payment direct to his wallet. He wanted 15,000 for a stamp lasting the rest of the year (10 months), presumably thinking I would consider it a bargain compared to 4300 every two months. Except that a) the fee for subsequent extensions is much lower than for the first, b) for all I know immigration at the airport would not accept the 10 month extension, and c) perpetuating rampant corruption just outside the immigration office just seemed *wrong*.

I wish I had used an agency when I renewed my visa recently (for the first time) in Cebu. It would have saved a four hour wait, despite the 'express' fee, during which one of the members of staff offered me an extension to a full year in return for a hefty payment direct to his wallet. He wanted 15,000 for a stamp lasting the rest of the year (10 months), presumably thinking I would consider it a bargain compared to 4300 every two months. Except that a) the fee for subsequent extensions is much lower than for the first, b) for all I know immigration at the airport would not accept the 10 month extension, and c) perpetuating rampant corruption just outside the immigration office just seemed *wrong*.

Wise decision not to buy that extension in Cebu. You are probably right in that Airport Immigration would not accept it. If you do it by the book you avoid potential problems.

BTW subsequent extensions cost less but at a certain point they increase again. Basically they go up and down.

I think the best Visa to have is the one where you deposit a sum of money in a Philippine bank. You can come and go as you please and even work in the country. It is difficult to get current and correct information on the deposit amount. The Philippine Government website states 50k US but I am told it has been reduced to 10k coupled with a minimum monthly pension or SS income. Guess if I get serious about it I'll check with the main Immigration Office in Manila.

Get the names of the people you deal with. Don't hand money to any immigration employee who "asks" for it. When you pay (cashier), wait for the receipt.
tsk i thought you govt types stuck together...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom