Vis Report Windy point 10/01/2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
Surface to 60' it was 10' vis and 84 degrees..........At 60' the vis opened up and was a good 25'........ From 90' to 150 the vis was windex and 59 degrees... Viz started dropping off rapidly at 152'..

Dave

Teknadv3x:
Surface to 60' it was 10' vis and 84 degrees..........At 60' the vis opened up and was a good 25'........ From 90' to 150 the vis was windex and 59 degrees... Viz started dropping off rapidly at 152'..

Dave

Cool to meet a SB member face to face this weekend, did a dive at the dam hit a thermo at 125~ and the vis was mind blowing (for a lake) down to 140, finally found where the clear water is!

Fixxer, it was a pleasure to have met you. I am very sorry for not being more social than what I was. You got me in pre-dive prep mode....I seen from your other post that you hit the Windex layer. It is really great to know that Travis has that kind of vis. certain times a year. Those Trees at windy point are not so intimidating when you can see the whole tree. We should have about another 4 wks of great vis and then we have to wait till spring.

Again it was a pleasure to have met you.

Dave

No problem I understand what its like getting geared up, gotta pay attention to the gear so you don't miss something.

I frequent the area, if I see you around again up there I'll give you a shout.

Yep, nice meeting you XXX, good to put some names with the faces... we had a blast at the dam, I've never actually gone down right along the dam, that 60 deg wall down to the channel makes a great dive.

We always enjoy the trees down there at windy, when the viz is good anyway and you can actually see them before you bash your head into them.

loosebits:
Yep, nice meeting you XXX, good to put some names with the faces... we had a blast at the dam, I've never actually gone down right along the dam, that 60 deg wall down to the channel makes a great dive.

When you pulled off the Mansfield Dam dive, did you guys mule doubles up & down
the steps??

Dave

Teknadv3x:
When you pulled off the Mansfield Dam dive, did you guys mule doubles up & down
the steps??

Dave

We floated on the surface for a while to off gas, then used the powered lift. haulin up those stairs is askin for bubbles

The lift was sweet but kind of scary, especially going up. It sounded like it was going to snap a few times.

loosebits:
The lift was sweet but kind of scary, especially going up. It sounded like it was going to snap a few times.

You are talking about the handicap lift correct?
No problem with using it for hauling gear from the rangers?

Thanks in advance for the imfo
Dave

We used it, no complaints.

The sign said something like courtesy diver lift or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom