Trip Report Vis, Croatia Wreck Diving (May 2022)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Below is the first post on the wrecks of Croatia. It is the Vassilios which is a very large (105m / 350') coal transport ship that sunk close to Komiza. I did two dives on the wreck. The propeller and rudder are impressive and covered in yellow sponges.

Details on the wreck along with photos are posted at

I also went out diving targets in Pt Loma, California this week and discovered a few un-dived sites. I'll post about that soon. :)

- brett

Below is the first post on the wrecks of Croatia. It is the Vassilios which is a very large (105m / 350') coal transport ship that sunk close to Komiza. I did two dives on the wreck. The propeller and rudder are impressive and covered in yellow sponges.

I also went out diving targets in Pt Loma, California this week and discovered a few un-dived sites. I'll post about that soon. :)

- brett
Excellent review.
There is a spare prop in aft cargo hold. Can't remember if it's same size or smaller.

I dove on the island of vis last summer, some great wrecks! glad you had a great experience, what was your fave dive?

Either the Maris or the B-17. I'll be writing about both of them in the near future.

- brett

- brett

Excellent review, I can't wait to read the rest of your articles about your trip. I am putting this rea on my list to dive in the Med.

Were there books or guides available in English giving details about the various wrecks there?

Excellent review, I can't wait to read the rest of your articles about your trip. I am putting this rea on my list to dive in the Med.

Were there books or guides available in English giving details about the various wrecks there?

Thanks for the comments.

The superb and canonical reference book on wrecks in that area, Treasures of the Adriatic Sea, has been translated into multiple languages including English, German, etc.

Here is a link to the guy who translated to English:

- brett

The Treasures of the Adriatic is a really great book, the illustrations are superb and really should be on the list of things to read if you fancy diving out there. We got a copy after our first trip there and it sits on my bookshelf for when I can't get out diving!

Uuuuu, my home town.
Sorry for the waiting around for the dive boat to come back from the other dive centre, I was working in Issa that week and we tried to get back in time :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom